A client of mine didn’t like the way the built in share buttons that now come with CS-Cart looked so I integrated the free service Shareaholic for them. It works really well! Here is how I did it:
- Create a free Shareaholic account here: http://www.shareaholic.com
- Add your website to Shareaholic.
- Click “Add App Location” drop down at the bottom of the Dashboard page. Select “Share Buttons” as the type.
- Configure all of your services and settings. Please note that I usually use the mini buttons with the side counter since they are nice and compact. Save your settings (FYI I usually call this location “CS-Cart Products” for easy identification).
- Make sure my_addons addon is turned on in CS-Cart.
- Using FTP navigate to:
For 4.x.x: /design/themes/THEME_NAME/templates/addons/my_changes/hooks/index
For 3.x.x: /skins/THEME_NAME/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/index
(you might have to create the “my_changes” and below folders, depending on if you have other hooks in use or not).
- If you do not have a file called “scripts.post.tpl” already please create it. In that file you need to add the following code, making sure to put in your Site Code from Shareaholic (get this on the dashboard)