FREE Dynamic Preview Add-On

Thanks Bob, Ill give it a shot and update the first post. This probably answered the question I had for you in another thread as well.

[quote name=‘jobosales’]There is a hook in /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/views/products/view.tpl:

```php {hook name=“products:view_main_info”}

[B][COLOR="Red"]{include file="views/products/components/product_images.tpl" product=$product show_detailed_link="Y"}[/COLOR][/B]

{include file="blocks/list_templates/simple_list.tpl" product=$product show_sku=true show_old_price=true show_price=true show_list_discount=true show_clean_price=true details_page=true show_discount_label=true show_product_amount=true show_product_options=true hide_form=$smarty.capture.val_hide_form show_qty=true min_qty=true show_edp=true show_add_to_cart=true show_list_buttons=true but_role="action" capture_buttons=$smarty.capture.val_capture_buttons capture_product_options=$smarty.capture.val_capture_options_vs_qty}

{/hook} ```

You could use this to change the include to product_images.tpl.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Look like we are playing post tag.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Look like we are playing post tag.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Haha yes and thanks it worked, so no need to modify anything from the default install now to get this working.

Hi Tirade,

I tested it. It worked fine for regular product without any sku options.

The only problem is when product have optional sku images, for example color option. After you click any option colors, the main thumbnail have changed to that color, but your Dynamic Preview still display 1st color’s zoom-in image.

[quote name=‘MINISTAR4U’]Hi Tirade,

I tested it. It worked fine for regular product without any sku options.

The only problem is when product have optional sku images, for example color option. After you click any option colors, the main thumbnail have changed to that color, but your Dynamic Preview still display 1st color’s zoom-in image.[/QUOTE]

When you say color options, do you mean additional images that are just a different color? Can you provide me a link to your site?

(Glad the install worked, I need to reword the last part to be done via hooks still)

Just unmark the wz_tooltip.js javascript , so you can see the problem that I told about.

Here is the link to my client under construction site.

Wow … this looks wonderful!

I’ll work on adding it to my site.

What I can’t see from scanning the code is understanding how I get this to happen with a mouse-over in my ‘LIST’ view, where it would be needed the most.

Tirade;

[QUOTE]At the moment Im only using this on my product details page but you can use this on any page you like with very little modification[/QUOTE]

So does each and every page need this code? I would assume not.

Please view this thread if you want to implement this addon for product list page.

http://http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15620

Wow … thanks domfang

I didn’t think to search for a ‘list view version’ as I thought it was a ‘newish’ free MOD

I’ll work on it tomorrow and report on how it went :slight_smile:

Hi Tirade :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your sharing!

I have followed the steps & it all worked, I said I would share my feedback.

But my additional images are now missing from normal view?

They appear when I click on the image, but they are not showing like before beneath the main image and under the words ‘View larger Image’ & they don’t load at all? :frowning:

Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

EG

[url]http://www.gemnetwork.com.au/gemstone-beads/peridot/peridot-faceted-4mm.html[/url]

Regards GNI

NB I have also posted feedback on Domfang’s link and instructions given

on setting this effect to GRID view.

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15620[/url]

UPDATE

Sorry … it isn’t working 100%

I have confirmed that when I do a keyword search, the results do NOT have the mouse-over effect, a very small white box appears instead.

1. No mouse-over effect via a search
  2. Additional images missing/unable to be viewed.

Shame, it was precisely what many of my customers wanted

OK so anyone suggest a good paid for MOD, that will do the mouse-over effect.

I really need to have my extra images available, and searches need to work as well.

Have you checked out the ThomH’s mod?

[url]Search results

Bob

Thanks Bob :slight_smile:

I have seen that Mod and was going to email them soon to clarify some details.

But it’s the only one I have seen so far, wasn’t sure what else was out there

Great mod Tirade but let’s try to get it into an installable module for upgrade ease when the time arrives again. Is there an addon development write up anywhere that anyone knows of? I admittedly haven’t looked for it yet but I’d be willing to learn.

[quote name=‘Ion_Cannon’]Great mod Tirade but let’s try to get it into an installable module for upgrade ease when the time arrives again. Is there an addon development write up anywhere that anyone knows of? I admittedly haven’t looked for it yet but I’d be willing to learn.[/QUOTE]

All that is available:

[url]http://docs.cs-cart.com/addons-directory[/url]

Bob

It would be great to get this Mod installable, yes great job Tirade :slight_smile:

And thanks to Domfang for tweaking it further :slight_smile:

Both descriptions were well written and easy to follow.

I am going to buy "ThomH’s " mod in the mean time, it does everything I need and it’s very well priced :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing how this one goes.

ok i did it before on a test site ages ago and it worked but when i have tried it now I’m getting a script error "wz_tooltip.js must be included INSIDE the body section, immediately after the opening tag. "on every page… Installation seems to have changed so i’m not sure what to do now.

got the site working by just deleating the js files but does anyone have a fix?

“Modify your /skins/YOUR SKIN/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/index/styles.post.tpl file to include this

“””"

directly under the BODY section:

I dont have a body section. all it says is

I have added it to the file at the bottom but with no result.

I'm sure I'm getting this message because I dont have a this part sorted.

How do i incorporate this into the file so its in the body section.

TIA

got it working. Figured out the problem

The main problem was section 4.

it said change to

:o {/if}

{include file=“addons/my_changes/common_templates/image_dp.tpl” obj_id=$product.product_id images=$image_pair_var object_type=“product” class=“cm-thumbnails”}

{foreach from=$product.image_pairs item=“image_pair”}

{if $image_pair}

{include file=“addons/my_changes/common_templates/image_dp.tpl” images=$image_pair object_type=“product” class=“cm-thumbnails hidden” detailed_link_class=“hidden” obj_id=“$product.product_id$image_pair.image_id"}

{/if}:o

because i didn’t use the hooks method i hadn’t set up the folders mentioned in above. The file needs to be changed to below for non hook methods

:o {/if}

{include file=“common_templates/image_dp.tpl” obj_id=$product.product_id images=$image_pair_var object_type=“product” class=“cm-thumbnails”}

{foreach from=$product.image_pairs item=“image_pair”}

{if $image_pair}

{include file=“common_templates/image_dp.tpl” images=$image_pair object_type=“product” class=“cm-thumbnails hidden” detailed_link_class=“hidden” obj_id="$product.product_id
$image_pair.image_id”}

{/if}:o

is what it has to be changed to