Free Addon - Order Information Referral

this is good working on 2.2.4 ver.

Thank you

That's the beauty of the Internet : Sharing ! Thanks!

thanks for sharing this :)

BUG #1… if you use a secure server for checkout, it will show that and the server ip as referer… not the original referer…

you need to make

if (Registry::get('config.http_host') != $parse['host']) {

fn_set_cookie('ref_ip', gethostbyname($parse['host']));

fn_set_cookie('ref_domain', $parse['scheme'] . '://' . $parse['host']);

fn_set_cookie('ref_query', $parse['path'] . '?' . $parse['query']);

}

!= host AND not = host core domain…

if not… www.domain.com sub1.domain.com secure.domain.com

then set cookie

maybe something like…

if ( (Registry::get('config.http_host') != $parse['host']) && (Registry::get('config.https_host') != $parse['host']) ) {

}

?>

anyone ? what about non www ssl servers ? its still shows referer as main www site

actually just change for

if (!(strstr($parse['host'],“DOMAIN.com”))) {

}

@vanderex

Thanks for the suggestions!

Which file or files are you changing on these suggestions? Sorry, I'm a rookie.

Also, on your first suggestion, which part is the “original code” and which part is the “new code” you are suggesting?

Maybe post the code part in the actual forum "code" format and it will make it easier to do.

Will this work in 3.0.x version ?

Not for sure if this works on 3 yet because I do not have any sites fully running 3. We started to convert one of our sites over to 3 but didn't like the results. We ended up changing many of our sites to a different shopping cart. We will probably have a couple of our sites stick with CS for now, but it really depends on what the 3.1.? looks like and how well it functions.

I will say that importing from 2.1.5 to 3 went quite well and I was impressed with that.

I have it installed on one of my clients sites that is running Ultimate 3.0.6 and it doesn't look like its really working. The only info that is being retuned is when they use PayPal it shows that as the referral.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1364858297' post='159115']

Not for sure if this works on 3 yet because I do not have any sites fully running 3. We started to convert one of our sites over to 3 but didn't like the results. We ended up changing many of our sites to a different shopping cart. We will probably have a couple of our sites stick with CS for now, but it really depends on what the 3.1.? looks like and how well it functions.

I will say that importing from 2.1.5 to 3 went quite well and I was impressed with that.

[/quote]

Clip, can you able to upgrade this addon ?

Anyone is more than welcome to update this addon. I had the “Alt-Team” do it for us. The only thing I ask is that if you do it, please offer it back to the community for free.

I honestly have no idea when we are going to upgrade any of our sites to CS3, so needless to say, I am not going to be upgrading any addons yet.

I just started thinking, I'm not for sure how the addon from tbirnseth works, but they have some type of order referrel program. You can buy there's at…

Order Referrer Addon

Their's already supports v3.

For those who used this in version 2.2.5 I am considering whether or not to update this. The big thing is many times it did not show all of the information like Bob was saying above. Does anyone have suggestions on what may make it better or what will allow us to see more of the information?

Can we make this work for v. 4?

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1392252225' post='177337']

For those who used this in version 2.2.5 I am considering whether or not to update this. The big thing is many times it did not show all of the information like Bob was saying above. Does anyone have suggestions on what may make it better or what will allow us to see more of the information?

[/quote]

You don't need this you just need to setup google ecommerce tracking and perhaps add a bit extra code. Not that I know how to do that but Google Anyletics has the ability to produce reports on any visit and what that visitor did on your site. So a customer report should be possible and maybe easier to achieve.