For what are setup localizations???

am I missing something fundamental in 2.1 version of this - never used it before so please forgive me - tried reading as much as possible and the manual.

I had originally USD/CDN currency - but there are some issues with shipping rates, and of course the usual US shopper putting CDN pricing and checking out. So I thought localization would fix my problem - once I set all my pages,categories and products to both localization entries USA and CAnada - when i go to the site - I get US prices, but I am in Canada - i would have thought to get the CDN prices since I select Canada and the CDN currency - the default currency is USD - so the price of the item is in fact right - but I would have expect to get the converted rate. B putting localization on - it removed my currency drop list too - is this the normal process?

Thank you

You should have seen a localization drop-down in place of the language and/or currency drop downs. But note, the way initialization of localization works is that it checks the language of the browser and the country of the IP. So your Canadian localization needs to be set to CDN currency, EN language and CA country. Suggest you clear both your cookies and browser cache to test this accurately.

Look at the function fn_init_localizations() in core/fn.init.php if you can read PHP code. It will show you what it does.