Footer (bottom block)

Miracles

Be sure to clear your cache after you activate the addon. Also make sure you remove the local modifications addon if you installed it.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

I forgot to mention earlier that my links to Sign In, Log In, Recover Password don’t work. I looked at the link information above and it has an href to $index_script with some other parameters but when I check the html to those lnks are something totally different.

Also sitemap on my website shows as sitemap.html in the browser yet a link to it by that file name don’t work. What am I doing wrong, I wonder.

Thanks

Okay, I think I see what the problems are but I am having a heck of a time fixing them as I am not very familiar with the variables/code but there are some characters in the code posted above like ampersands, etc that should not be in the variables and it’s causing them not to work.

I always copy into notepad for that reason before copying into a page, etc so I won’t pick-up characters in my code.

Here is one of the items that does not work due to the & in there but I am not sure what should be there and there are some others like it:

• {$lang.profile_details}

• Thanks.

You have a space between the ; and the {

I’d be willing to bet if you remove the space you’ll have it.

This is what you have:

profiles& {$mode_name}

This is what it should be:

profiles&{$mode_name}

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Sorry to be a pest, I have two that refuse to work. I give up.

• {$lang.recover_password}

• {if $auth.user_id}
  • Log Out

• {/if}

Ok. The first one only had a couple of errors. Here is what you have:

• This is what it should be, I think:

• The second part had a ton of errors. A lot of the errors were spaces, but there were other things as well.

Here is what you have:

```php {if $auth.user_id}

• Log Out

• {/if} ```

This is what it should be:

```php {if $auth.user_id}
  • {$lang.log_out}

• {/if} ```

I hope it helps,

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Sorry but those did not work and also any of the links where they have something similar to the following Code don’t work either. There has to be a simple way of linking to content in the site.

In adiition I have no idea why the forum software is forcing me to put in a page title when I click on post quick reply.

{if $settings.Addons.wishlist==‘Y’}

• Wish List

• {/if}

wow im scared to even attempt this, think i’ll make a graphic for my footer and call it a day

Ywalker

I’m not exactly sure about the other links, I’ll take a look. One thing I notice right off the bat on your newest link is that you have a space between:

wishl

and

ist.view

This seems to be a pretty common thing with your links. I don’t know where you are copying these down, but whatever you are using, I wouldn’t use.

As for the forum, I really don’t know about that. I am using the quick reply right now and all I am doing is typing my message. I haven’t had to add any title or anything. I am using FF3.5

Essque

As for being scared about this, this really isn’t that hard. With Miracles, I helped him out and that help basically meant doing what I have instructed in this thread. There was one minor issue, but easily fixed. With Ywalker, I’m not exactly sure. It seems like whatever he is using to edit his code is giving him problems.

Either way, niether of these issues have anything to do with my instructions.

Anyways, I’ll take another look at the links Ywalker and let you know,

Brandon

Ywalker

Here is how the recover password link should look:

• Here is the link for the logout:

{if $auth.user_id}

• {$lang.log_out}

• {/if}

Here is the code for the Wishlist:

{if $settings.Addons.wishlist == 'Y'}

• {$lang.wishlist}

• {/if}

I noticed the space in my post last night but it is not in the code, something happened when I pasted it here but I checked after I read the post and it was not there. I removed the non-working links.

Thanks for your help Brandon, I will get support to take a look later.

Did you try my new links? These are the exact links off of my own site and I checked them last night to be sure they work and they do.

Brandon

Isnt it possible to made such a footer with the blocks?

Second, how i fill the footer with content, when i use your solution?

thanks very much!

i have found a better solution for me.

add this code on the css

/* Home page bottom boxes */

.bottom-table {
    width: 100%;
    border: 1px solid #616161;
    margin-top: 10px;
    }
    .bottom-table th {
    background: #5d5d5d url('images/bsidebox_title_bg.gif') repeat-x;
    height: 24px;
    color: #ffffff;
    font-weight: bold;
    padding: 0px 0px 0px 11px;
    width: 33%;
    text-align: left;
    }
    .bottom-table td {
    color: #2d2d2d;
    padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;
    background: #ffffff url(images/bottombox_bg.gif) repeat-x bottom;
    width: 33%;
    vertical-align: top;
    }
    .bottom-table-delim {
    border-right: 1px solid #d5d5d5;
    }
    /* /Home page bottom boxes */

then i´ve add a block on “all pages” FOOTER with html

```php

Quick Help My account Information

• Recover password

• Site map

• Contact Us

• Orders history

• Free Shipping Policy

• Free Shipping on TruVu Aquariums

• International Shipping

• Privacy Policy

• Return Policy

• Terms and Conditions

```

save it and now i can change it with the blocks everytime when i like without load files to ftp. THX to Brandon!

Hi brandon

Thanks for your help earlier . The footer works perfectly , but a major problem i am facing is that , when I am on a sub category or a product page , and I look at my footer , the links to the Pages in the footer , which goes to proper url in Home , now goes to a wrong url, as it automatically tries to append the current category or current product name and then the index.php etc .

For example , when I am at this page : [url]http://www.miraclesoftware.in/csc/security/[/url]

the Our Guarantee page link in the footer becomes :

[url]http://www.miraclesoftware.in/csc/security/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=17[/url]

which should be only : [url]http://www.miraclesoftware.in/csc/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=17[/url]

Where have i gone wrong ?

W

What version are you using this with?

There have been some changes in the way the cart handles links and stuff with the 2.1.1 version.

I created two “real” addons for the bottom box. They are both at [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=20256[/url]

The first one is compatable with 2.1.1 and the second one is compatable with 2.0.x

Take a look at those, maybe they will help you.

Brandon