Font Replacement with CS-Cart?

Has anyone successfully been able to use some sort of font replacement script with CS-Cart? I have tried Cufon and Facelift (FLIR) and both just dont work.

Has someone else figured something else out? I’m looking to use a specific font that none of the font hosting companies offer, so I can’t use TypeKit or similar.

I finally got it to work. You have to use the {literal} {/literal} brackets around the cufon.replace and you should be good to go.

I actually could not get satisfactory results with Cufon or Facelift, but I ended up finding Font Squirrel's @font-face generator that is really slick and worked REALLY easily: http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fontface/generator

Where did you post the codes and such? There doesn't seem to be much on the custom fonts here in the forums.

With the Font Squirrel solution it is all CSS based, so I added the CSS they give you from the generator in styles.css and uploaded the font files into the skins/your_skin/customer/fonts folder. It's pretty easy if you just take your time and follow the sample.

[quote name='rmsilver7' timestamp='1315073620' post='120916']

With the Font Squirrel solution it is all CSS based, so I added the CSS they give you from the generator in styles.css and uploaded the font files into the skins/your_skin/customer/fonts folder. It's pretty easy if you just take your time and follow the sample.

[/quote]

Wonderful thanks! I thought that was probably the way to do it but usually everything is so much more difficult than it needs to be so I assumed it would be much harder haha

[quote name='rmsilver7' timestamp='1315073620' post='120916']

[/quote]

I added this to my stlyes.css file per the instructions of squirrelfont. Uploaded my fonts to a font folder. Never saw the ability anywhere in pages or WYSIWYG to use the fonts I uploaded.

I then noticed the url of the fonts in the squirrel css was not showing a folder, which means it should be contained in the same folder as the css files. I then uploaded the fonts to the same folder as the css files and still NOTHING.

Any help explaining how to make this possible to use the custom font would be wonderful!

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

When you do this method it does not add anything to CS-Cart, you can create a custom CSS style and then manually add it inline.