Follow up Email Marketing

Is there a way to send an automatic email to a customer who just placed an order without having them check a box to subscribe?

I’m trying to set up our follow up email marketing campaign for new customers who placed an order.

Does anyone have a follow up email marketing campaign in place that could share some insight on how you accomplished this?

Thanks!

I also would be interested in this too.

I went with Interspire Email Marketer. However, I could not get the form to work inside of a block. If I use the form on a test regular html page, the form works fine. But it will not work inside a block on the right hand side of page.

There is javascript within the form so I’m guessing that’s where the problem is.

Not within the cart’s news_and_email addon. However, an addon for MailChimp integration is in beta testing and should be available by the end of the week. Info can be viewed in this thread:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=21142[/url]

^can’t wait. I’m using mailchimp right now and have seen 33% conversion rate from the email.

Watch the other post for a release. Probably late this week…

See this thread for details: [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=21142[/url]

Addon has been released today.

[quote name='TBOTECH' timestamp='1292789753' post='98494']

I went with Interspire Email Marketer. However, I could not get the form to work inside of a block. If I use the form on a test regular html page, the form works fine. But it will not work inside a block on the right hand side of page.

There is javascript within the form so I'm guessing that's where the problem is.

[/quote]

Have you tried to enclose your javascript inside of the {literal} tags? I have for example some javascript code that's nested inside of a block that works for me. It looks like this…

{literal}

{/literal}

Try that and see if it works. By the way, I found your post by searching for an email marketing solution. I've just taken a look at Interspire Email Marketer and it looks very promising. How has it worked for you and why did you choose them versus a hosted solution like MailChimp or iContact?

Thanks!!

If you are using an html block, you can't use any template code. The HTML block is rendered outside the template engine. Hence your normal 'script' tags should be all that's required.

A workaround for the Checkout and Registration I think you could modify /skins/myskin/customer/addons/news_and_emails/hooks/checkout/checkout_steps.pre.tpl and …/customer/addons/news_and_emails/hooks/profiles/account_update.pre.tpl

so that the checkbox is checked by default. The customer can uncheck it however.

You can do the same in selections.tpl and place the mailing list out of sight in the sidebox.

Around line 12 of account_update.pre.tpl for example.

```php

{* mod to make checked by default }

if $user_mailing_lists[$list.list_id] }checked=“checked”{ /if *} class=“checkbox” />{$list.object}

```

But here I go again being Picky…

Another case of CS Cart addon that only goes half way to meeting the needs of the admin.

1. Cant set Newsletter subscriptions checked by default.
  2. The Email address on a Form is not automatically defaulted to the user email when the user is signed in.
  3. No ability to but Blocks is a newsletter!!! eg Product listings …
  4. No way to record the email address of the submitter of the form in a mailing list.
  5. If you place a Mailing list block on a Form (page) the subscription “GO” button is separate from the Forms “Submit” button.

It really is a half-done addon IMHO. With just a few extra functions, it could actually be used for simple Email Marketing.

But not in its current form. (v2.x anyway), So we all have to copy and paste or CSV email address, and get a third party solution… Speaking of which, I wonder if there is an addon that fixes these shortcomings?

I wonder if its any better in v3?

Oh I also forgot to bitch about he fact that you cant limit the number of emails sent per hour , or day. Which also is a problem for Most SMPT and shared hosting servers. Your IP address will get blacklisted without this feature.

I'd seriously consider to not use the cs-cart's newsletter thingy but go with ez-ms add-on and mailchimp instead. Especially taking your avatar into account.

The MailChimp add-on is not available for 3.01/2, and he wasn't in any great hurry to update it when I asked about it.

Jack

Yep, Im gonna look into Mailchimp, to avoid being blacklisted mainly.

Even I am interested in the Mailchimp addon for Cs-cart. I hope EZ-MS can get it to work sooner for the 3.0.2. If not, I am getting a custom addon developed myself and see if there are more takers to share the cost.