Folder names following 4.02 upgrade

Hi,

We're testing upgrade from 2.2.5 to 4.02.

For the most part everything's actually working really well.

But we've noticed in the v4 store the folder names don't look right.

Here's how the root of that store looks:

ackup
admin.php
api.php
app
ariant_image
ategory
changelog.txt
config.local.php
config.php
copyright.txt
design
etailed
ews
httpd.ini
humbnails
images
index.php
init.php
install.html
js
onf_group
robots.txt
roduct
roduct_option
romo
store_closed.gif
store_closed.html
ther_images
var

Note that the first character is missing from many folder names. But it all works fine.

Can anyone quickly confirm or deny this is correct and by design?

Or if it's a fault has any looked at this in detail?

Thanks, Happy Fruit Bat

Hi

I had the same issue with folder names, but my store wasn't accessable, I had to delete everything and start over (actually several times).

It's not as designed, because when I eventually got it installed correctly the folders are complete.

I don't understand how all seems ok for you because the paths to files etc will be wrong.

Don't forget to rename ADMIN.PHP

Barry

[quote name='HappyFruitBat' timestamp='1383571890' post='170941']

Hi,

We're testing upgrade from 2.2.5 to 4.02.

For the most part everything's actually working really well.

But we've noticed in the v4 store the folder names don't look right.

Here's how the root of that store looks:

ackup
admin.php
api.php
app
ariant_image
ategory
changelog.txt
config.local.php
config.php
copyright.txt
design
etailed
ews
httpd.ini
humbnails
images
index.php
init.php
install.html
js
onf_group
robots.txt
roduct
roduct_option
romo
store_closed.gif
store_closed.html
ther_images
var

Note that the first character is missing from many folder names. But it all works fine.

Can anyone quickly confirm or deny this is correct and by design?

Or if it's a fault has any looked at this in detail?

Thanks, Happy Fruit Bat

[/quote]

I have the same as you and everything is working fine. I think this is done on purpose in the store import , but I can be wrong.

Same thing happened to me. Everything was working fine though. I did try renaming the folders to their proper names and everything is still working correctly.

Hello,

Thanks to everyone who replied. We've been further testing the import process and would like to report back on our conclusions regarding these folders in case anyone else finds this thread.

As far as we can determine the folders with the funny names are left in place as a relic of the import process, and can be safely deleted (or perhaps moved to another location just in case).

We've repeated the import process a number of times and each time everything has worked fine with no errors, and the store has functioned as expected following the upgrade.

Each time these folders with funny names have been left in place, but are essentially empty and seem to related to previously used image folders. Moving them out of the site root the store continues to work.

PS) Speaking more generally we've been testing the import with a large, complicated store with lots of products with complex options and many orders, and it seems very solid. Good to see!

Hope this helps some and thanks once again, Happy Fruit Bat