Firstname Lastname

At the admin panel on Customers>Customers section i want my users list to be shown as firstname lastname, not lastname firstname, and the Orders>View Orders part also.

Any suggestions?

You can change the order in the following files

design/backend/templates/views/profiles/manage.tpl
design/backend/templates/views/orders/manage.tpl

Well, this works on Orders>View Orders and Customers>Customers, but on the dashboard "recent orders" stays as lastname firstname.

Well, this works on Orders>View Orders and Customers>Customers, but on the dashboard "recent orders" stays as lastname firstname.

In this case you can change the following template

design/backend/templates/views/index/index.tpl

Now it's ok!

Thank you

You are welcome!

For CS-Cart V4.16.2 I found the following.

For Orders

Change this line to…
<a href=“{“profiles.update?user_id=$o.user_id”|fn_url}”>{$o.firstname} {$o.lastname}

It also works if the updated file is added to My_Changes

For Profiles

Change this line to…
<a href=“{“profiles.update?user_id=$user.user_id&user_type=$user.user_type”|fn_url}”>{$user.firstname} {$user.lastname}

For some reason it wouldn’t work in My_Changes. I added the whole file, same as for Orders which worked. I cleared the cache cleared. So I had to change the core file.

Does anyone know how to make it work in My_Changes? It would be helpful for future updates, not having to update the core file each time…

• do not forget to clear cache
  • please specify full path for the My changes module. Possibly, there is a mistake there
  • 3rd party addons can override the same template

can someone point me to a tutorial on exactly how to use the My_Changes addon, CS-Cart docs do not have a tutorial on it and the few reference to it found there are not instructive at all and searching through the forums just result in mentions of the add-on but no clear instructions of how to use it. Specifically I would like to make the name order changes mentioned here as well as sorting customers by ID not by last name. (I changed core to do that)

to make the name changes on the new 4.16.2 dashboard, edit in
/design/backend/templates/views/index/components/analytics_section/analytics_data/data_2_3_recent_orders.tpl

line 31 and line 57

description => "`$order.lastname` `$order.firstname`",

change to

description => "`$order.firstname` `$order.lastname`",
1 Like

So the path with My changes module should be

/design/backend/templates/addons/my_changes/overrides/views/index/components/analytics_section/analytics_data/data_2_3_recent_orders.tpl

1 Like

Thank you to Ecomlabs and TheCigarHut for the help with this.

I did have some errors which I fixed and now it’s working well with V4.16.2

To help others here’s a summary to make tie work with My_Changes.

When done clear cache and Templates Cache

Change Profiles to First Name, Last Name

Copy file from /design/backend/templates/views/profiles/manage.tpl

Paste file to /design/backend/templates/addons/my_changes/overrides/views/profiles/manage.tpl

Edit line 109 to {“profiles.update?user_id=$user.user_id&user_type=$user.user_type”|fn_url}">{$user.firstname} {$user.lastname}

Change Orders to First Name, Last Name

Copy file from /design/backend/templates/views/orders/manage.tpl

Paste file to /design/backend/templates/addons/my_changes/overrides/views/orders/manage.tpl

Edit line 123 to <a href=“{“profiles.update?user_id=$o.user_id”|fn_url}”>{$o.firstname} {$o.lastname}

Change Dashboard Recent Orders to First Name, Last Name

Copy file from /design/backend/templates/views/index/components/analytics_section/analytics_data/data_2_3_recent_orders.tpl

Paste file to /design/backend/templates/addons/my_changes/overrides/views/index/components/analytics_section/analytics_data/data_2_3_recent_orders.tpl

Update lines 31 and 57 to description => “$order.firstname $order.lastname”,

2 Likes