Firefox display error

Just in the process of sorting my store design out but am having problems with firefox. The ‘My Account’ box on the right side of the seems to be off the page and not aligned for some reason.

In IE, it seems to display correctly. Can anyone shed some light on what I need to do to have it correct in firefox?

www.tensmachineshop.co.uk

Thanks.

[QUOTE]The ‘My Account’ box on the right side of the seems to be off the page and not aligned for some reason. In IE, it seems to display correctly. Can anyone shed some light on what I need to do to have it correct in firefox?[/QUOTE]

There is way too much “wrong” to go into, but here is the fast work around.

In your styles.css look for:

[QUOTE].sidebox-categories-wrapper .sidebox-title {

background: #cbf1f7 url(‘images/sb_categ_title_left.png’) no-repeat left top;

[COLOR=“DarkRed”]clear:both;[/COLOR]

}[/QUOTE]

Because there are “floats” being used without “clear” it is causing your sidebox(s) to merge together. Add a clear:both as designated in red above.

The only way I have found to push the “checkout” link away from the My Account once you have applied the “clear” is to put use a couple of
tags after link:

[QUOTE]

Checkout[COLOR=“darkred”]

[/COLOR]

Having to do this will work, but it reveals something inherently wrong with the way this page is coded and or the styles are being used.

Why does FF display different than IE…well that’s a whole 'nother book to write. Suffice to say that FF is much more adherent to web standards than IE has been.

Many thanks for your help, just managed to sort it out! Bit of a bigger space in IE now but not a problem.

Thanks.

You might be able to reduce the space in IE by reducing the amount of “padding or margin” on the title…or just use one
…and apply a margin to it.