Firefox 3.5 issue?

Yes, I see this problem too. Only happens with Firefox 3.5

The 2 proposed solution of updating the js file does not fix it.

After more testing of Firefox 3.5 with CS-cart 2.0.4, all the proposed solutions posted do not work for us.

We are unable to get page page 2.

Worse, if you do a global search of all items, every page shows the same products.

Using Firefox 3.5 you cannot get past page 2:

[url]BirchPlace Fashion and Fantasy, fashion lingerie maids uniforms thighboots sissywear abdl

Also, you can not edit options properly. In Chrome and Safari etc it works fine.

Replaced the js file with the mentioned new one and seems to be working with FF 3.5

Changed what exactly?

Commented out the item, or replaced it with a newer complete version?

What is the correct, tested method to fix this problem please?

[quote name=‘gmee’]Changed what exactly?

Commented out the item, or replaced it with a newer complete version?

What is the correct, tested method to fix this problem please?[/QUOTE]

Replace

www.domain.com/js/jquery.history.js

with an updated version available here

[url]http://www.mikage.to/jquery/jquery.history.js[/url]

Make sure you save a backup in case you have any problems.

Replace the old one with the new one and the problem is gone. It works with my site and I haven’t had any problems yet but a warning it has not been fully tested.

You can check out my site and see that the pages do go past 2 in Firefox 3.5

http://www.compactdiscount.com

[quote name=‘Compact Discount’]Replace

Make sure you save a backup in case you have any problems.

Replace the old one with the new one and the problem is gone. It works with my site and I haven’t had any problems yet but a warning it has not been fully tested.

You can check out my site and see that the pages do go past 2 in Firefox 3.5

http://www.compactdiscount.com[/QUOTE]

ok, great that did fix it after all - replacing the existing jquery.history.js in the /js folder with the new one you provided.

Also, it seems to have fixed the problems inside Admin where we could not select option attributes to edit a lot of the time.

Many thanks.

Now we can edit and browser CS-cart shops with Firefox 3.5. I can see this becoming a big problem for 1000s of shops as huge numbers of people switch to Firefox 3.5.

[quote name=‘gmee’]

Also, it seems to have fixed the problems inside Admin where we could not select option attributes to edit a lot of the time.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, that problem remains :cry:

Using Firefox 3.5, if we go into the Options of products and try to go to Edit them, we have to right click over Edit and choose Open in a New Tab to bring it up - just left-clicking on Edt won’t do anything.

Also, once you are in the Edit section, the [Variants] and [Cancel] links won’t respond, but [Save] is ok.

This means we can no longer manager our shop Admin using FF3.5, and have to use Chrome, Safari or IE instead.

We are using 2.0.4

Then what is the official solution…Can anyone from cs-cart provide a clear explanation???

Attention to all users:

Updating “jquery.history.js” to the latest version does NOT fix the problem. This way, history functionality will NOT work. The correct fix was posted by me in this ticket:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=981[/url]

[quote name=‘Compact Discount’]I found a site in the “Advertise your Site” section that will show you the problem

[url]Domain parking page

Nice site by the way.

[/QUOTE]

This site does not have our latest fix.

[quote name=‘gmee’]Actually, that problem remains :cry:

Using Firefox 3.5, if we go into the Options of products and try to go to Edit them, we have to right click over Edit and choose Open in a New Tab to bring it up - just left-clicking on Edt won’t do anything.

Also, once you are in the Edit section, the [Variants] and [Cancel] links won’t respond, but [Save] is ok.

This means we can no longer manager our shop Admin using FF3.5, and have to use Chrome, Safari or IE instead.

We are using 2.0.4[/QUOTE]

I was having the same issue as you in the admin area. I made the change that Zeke posted, then cleared my History/cache in Firefox, closed the browser and restarted it, and the problem was resolved.

[quote name=‘zeke’]The problem was resolved. Check here:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=981[/url][/QUOTE]

I did not clear my casche out after trying this which is why it did not work for me the 1st time.

This now works.

I’m sorry about questioning that this didn’t work but it should have been mentioned after adding the changes to clear out your casche.

If you go to the above link and do the changes it will work if you clear out your cashe after you finish the changes. In Firefox 3.5 > Tools> clear recent history I did one day

Spoke to soon complete broke my back end.

Also can not go back to the changes so nothing clicked on in the back end is working.

Try right clicking the link and choose ‘open in new tab’

[quote name=‘roban’]Try right clicking the link and choose ‘open in new tab’[/QUOTE]

That doesn’t work either.

ISSUE:

The top buttons in my administration section has no links working. Orders, Catalog, Users, Shipping/taxes, Administration & DesignContent. The quick links and lots of other links don’t work but the shortcut links at the bottom right do work.

I also can’t change any pictures using either Local, Server or URL

CAUSE:

Someone suggestion to Replace

I figured I would test being the first person to complain about it.

This worked for me and fixed the issue.

Zeke Wrote:

This is not correct. This way, history functionality will NOT work. The correct solution was posted in my previous message.

His suggestion was:

The problem is resolved. To fix it, replace the following code in “js/core.js”

Code:

crc = ( crc >>> 8 ) ^ x;

with this code

Code:

crc = ( crc >>> 8 ) ^ parseInt(x);

So I put back the original jquery.history.js file. Made the changes to core.js now the links are not working in administration in any browser.

So I tried to go back to my other settings, didn’t work, I tried the original settings without the core.js changes didn’t work. I reset it to the original

jquery.history.js file and the changes to core.js but it’s still not working.

Any suggestion on fixing this issue?

[quote name=‘Compact Discount’]ISSUE:

To fix it, replace the following code in “js/core.js”

Code:

crc = ( crc >>> 8 ) ^ x;

with this code

Code:

crc = ( crc >>> 8 ) ^ parseInt(x);

[/QUOTE]

The above fixed works for me - PHP functions are case sensitive, so it must be parseInt not ParseInt or parseint etc.

It would be nice if the CS-cart makers get involved and posted a documented fix for this as its going to effect CS-cart with anyone using Firefox 3.5; the press reports I read say that they achieved 5 million downloads in just the first day of launch.

[quote name=‘gmee’]The above fixed works for me - PHP functions are case sensitive, so it must be parseInt not ParseInt or parseint etc.

It would be nice if the CS-cart makers get involved and posted a documented fix for this as its going to effect CS-cart with anyone using Firefox 3.5; the press reports I read say that they achieved 5 million downloads in just the first day of launch.[/QUOTE]

My core.js file change is just like the listed one crc = ( crc >>> 8 ) ^ parseInt(x);

Any other suggestions?

[quote name=‘Compact Discount’]My core.js file change is just like the listed one crc = ( crc >>> 8 ) ^ parseInt(x);

Any other suggestions?[/QUOTE]

After doing the suggested fix - Have you tried clearing the cache in your browser and from the var/complied directory on your server?

[quote name=‘aritasky’]After doing the suggested fix - Have you tried clearing the cache in your browser and from the var/complied directory on your server?[/QUOTE]

I know how to clear the cache from my browser. That didn’t work.

How do you clear the cache from the var/complied directory on my server?