Feedback on site "freshen"

Since Im redoing my site using hooks, Im also incorporating some feedback I received during a site survey (bigger/better search, horizontal drop down, moving products further up on the page, and 100 other things).

Any thoughts on this layout before I start converting to HTML? Anything big (other than a typo or 10) that just stands out as bad?

[url]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2639/semifinalmockuprev2.png[/url]

Edit: Updated

steals design to resell

Looks absolutely refreshing and I like the color scheme, not many people can pull off that type of light-blue.

Wow, very nice!

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]steals design to resell

Looks absolutely refreshing and I like the color scheme, not many people can pull off that type of light-blue.[/QUOTE]

I actually stole quite a few of those ideas from other sites cough wildchildclothes cough I loved how they did the search bar and tab separation.

Its really a mix of a lot of things that other sites did well. Im trying HARD to clean up the layout but as an ecommerce site its hard to stay clean and have a nice SEO friendly landing page.

Looking quite good. I know how hard you work at this and it shows.

Very nice site design work Tirade!

(Nice looking furniture as well for that matter!) :wink:

As soon as ObamaNomics becomes a reality (I am pretty certain that he said it would be any month now… ) then I may need to shop your site for some new man cave decor! :smiley:

Thanks guys, Im actually making some changes based on feedback I received today.

Left side category menu was too empty looking, the mail sign up block needs to be a little higher, the green buttons dont go well with the blue buttons and a few other very minor changes.

Ill post an update later but for now 24 is coming on :slight_smile:

When would you like to start working on my site?? :slight_smile:

very nice! I particularly like the blocks design, subtle gradient with rounded corners. when are you going to start selling skins? :cool:

Woah woah slow down guys, Im not doing all of this by myself… I can modify a PSD and I can do some simple CSS/HTML work, but I didnt do this w/o help.

I submitted the ideas and base template to a friend of mine who is doing all of the PSD to HTML work for me.

Already said it before, This site looks beautiful. Love the flow and colors. Would also like to know who did it for you and how much it cost you to get it this way.

Would be very interested in a similar design for our site.

Ok, first revision updated based on feedback from a lot of you guys

[url]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2639/semifinalmockuprev2.png[/url]

Changes:

Left side categories box is no longer “empty” looking

Newsletter signup box was raised up so its seen w/o scrolling down the page (read an article where this increases signups by up to 40%)

Horizontal menu bar was made taller to match the height of the search bar

Green buttons were removed/replaced since people felt they clashed with the blue buttons.

News & Blog box now contains part of the blog to help increase SEO/Crawl rate

Feedback/thoughts welcomed

[quote name=‘CutRiteFX’]Already said it before, This site looks beautiful. Love the flow and colors. Would also like to know who did it for you and how much it cost you to get it this way.

Would be very interested in a similar design for our site.[/QUOTE]

The original site was based off of a zencart theme that I modified to fit our business and the graphics work was done by an outsourced freelance company (I can provide the info if you want it but not sure how much Id recommend them lately).

The new design is based off the old design with me wanting to incorporate web 2.0 elements, good design ideas from other cs-cart sites and usability modifications based on the results of a site analysis I had done to help increase conversion rates. The graphics work is done by a friend of mine, I can give you his info if you like.

Great job. I would love to know who helped you.