Feature Requests Plus Venting!

These are requests, but I would consider these bugs or errors. I especially can’t believe the first one hasn’t been addressed.

1. This is my biggest annoyance/feature request: Why can’t I order (Position) products I add to the “Featured Products” block or any other manually entered product block??? Does this not bug everyone else? To re-position them, you have to delete all of them, and then re-enter them in the order you like. Not only that, when I manually add a product in that list, it adds the new product at the end of the list, where customers don’t see it until it scrolls. This really needs to be changed.

2. When searching in the admin section, the results always show the “Pages” tab first. Not once have I used search to find something in “Pages”. It’s ALWAYS products I’m looking for, so “Products” should be the first tab to show.

These are my 2 cents. Thanks.

[quote name='SwimShady' timestamp='1410313075' post='191810']

1. This is my biggest annoyance/feature request: Why can't I order (Position) products I add to the “Featured Products” block or any other manually entered product block??? Does this not bug everyone else? To re-position them, you have to delete all of them, and then re-enter them in the order you like. Not only that, when I manually add a product in that list, it adds the new product at the end of the list, where customers don't see it until it scrolls. This really needs to be changed.

[/quote]

Unfortunately there is no way to edit product positions. But there are 3rd party add-ons that fix the issue. E.g.

Products block positions: CS-Cart add-on by Cart-Power

[quote name='SwimShady' timestamp='1410313075' post='191810']

2. When searching in the admin section, the results always show the “Pages” tab first. Not once have I used search to find something in “Pages”. It's ALWAYS products I'm looking for, so “Products” should be the first tab to show.

[/quote]

In this case, we recommend you to use search on the Admin panel → Products → Products page. Only products will be shown in the result

Thanks again, eCom! Always there to offer solutions or to answer my questions. I still have several add-ons that I will eventually get from you. I just have to wait for the boss to approve the spending ;)

The lack of positioning in v4 has been noted in other areas as well.

See this thread before you fume over this one too!

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1410463060' post='192018']

The lack of positioning in v4 has been noted in other areas as well.

See this thread before you fume over this one too!

Setting Banner Order In Slider - General Questions - CS-Cart Community Forums

[/quote]

That's true. It's like they removed that feature in order to re-add it in a later version so they can get expired customers to renew their licence to get that feature back and they make more money ($$$). Of course, if my “conspiracy theory” is true, they probably have other features in that same group. From a marketing stand-point: Smart move. From a customer stand-point: Dick move!

Oh well.

[quote name=‘SwimShady’ timestamp=‘1410455240’ post=‘192005’]

Thanks again, eCom! Always there to offer solutions or to answer my questions. I still have several add-ons that I will eventually get from you. I just have to wait for the boss to approve the spending ;)

[/quote]

We are glad to help you. If you have any other questions, please let us know.