Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in......

Create a product, adding it category - [color=#282828][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Fatal error[/size][/font][/color]!

[color=#282828][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /public_html/var/compiled/admin/%%E4^E42^E4252AD1%%mainbox.tpl.php on line 51[/size][/font][/color]

Cleaning the cache in the browser and in catalog [font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]/var/compiled/ [/size][/font]end /cache

Help, please. Thank you!

:?

Can you give me more information about your software? Edition/version?

[quote name=‘atk12’ timestamp=‘1362245239’ post=‘156833’]

Create a product, adding it category - [color=#282828][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Fatal error[/size][/font][/color]!

[color=#282828][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /public_html/var/compiled/admin/%%E4^E42^E4252AD1%%mainbox.tpl.php on line 51[/size][/font][/color]

Cleaning the cache in the browser and in catalog [font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]/var/compiled/ [/size][/font]end /cache

Help, please. Thank you!

:?

[/quote]

My experience with this error is an addon that is getting to the templates from a POST rather than redirecting and being a GET…

I get this error in v3.0.6 from the Product Configurator addon (The Product Configurator hasn't had an update in a long time. I think it's the same code that was used in v2.):

“PHP Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/rntcom/public_html/var/cache/templates/customer/%%BF^BFF^BFF9095F%%configuration_product.tpl.php on line 32”

Line 32 in the compiled template contains 23,207 characters…

I don't know how to fix this. Any idea where would I look to change a POST method to a GET method for this addon?

Assuming you've cleared the site cache and ensured that permissions are correct and that the cache directories actually go away.

If so, the only other time I've seen this type of error is when an addon tries to return from a POST request (to the template(s)) instead of doing a redirect. The Navigation array ends up not being setup properly.