False Admin.php Page

Hello All,

Here’s the idea of the moment in my mind.

Every user of CS-Cart knows that’s necessary to change the name of the admin.php page.

Moreover, you know How to Secure Your Admin.php Page With Password, and How to Secure Your Admin Page With the Hundreds of Thousands Chinese Characters.

And now what can we do more to “fool” potential hackers?

[SIZE=“3”]Why not [/SIZE](after changing the name of the admin.php page)[SIZE=“3”] Create a [SIZE=“4”][COLOR=“Red”]false[/COLOR][/SIZE] admin.php page?[/SIZE]

This ploy could devour the nerves of a lot of pirates.

What do you think?

Lee Li Pop

seems like a good idea if you have the extra time. however, the people who can potentially hack your site could probably find the real login page.

Considering you can create a fake “admin.php” page & upload it in a matter of minutes, I think it is a great idea. At the very least it could confuse a few rookies fiddling around where they shouldn’t be.

It would be even better if it could trigger endless popups, or even a inject a virus to whomever attempted to open it! :cool:

[quote name=‘Struck’]

It would be even better if it could trigger endless popups, or even a inject a virus to whomever attempted to open it! :cool:[/quote]

Like the developers whom need to support it? :rolleyes:

Hello Struck,

[quote name=‘Struck’]or even a [SIZE=3][COLOR=red]inject a [SIZE=4]virus[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE] to whomever attempted to open it! :cool:[/quote]

[SIZE=4]NO, please, NO! Don’t do that![/SIZE]

Otherwise, every good antivirus should alert each of your visitors on each of your pages:

[quote]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=red]WARNING[/COLOR][/SIZE]

This website is DANGEROUS:

[SIZE=4][COLOR=red]Virus Detected Inside![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=black]Do you want visit this website?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]…or go away?[/COLOR]

[/quote]

I prefer a few words like:

[quote]

FORBIDEN!

Please, connect from this IP is needed: [COLOR=blue]192.168.1.1[/COLOR]

[/quote]

Nota Bene: Customize the IP address your needs.

Lee Li Pop

Hello KBM,

[quote name=‘KBM’]seems like a good idea if you have the extra time. however, the people who can potentially hack your site could probably find the real login page.[/quote]

Yes, probably, but with my two other levels of additional security, you will block many other experienced hackers:

[quote name=‘Lee Li Pop’]

Moreover, you know How to Secure Your Admin.php Page With Password, and How to Secure Your Admin Page With the Hundreds of Thousands Chinese Characters.

[/quote]

In my humble opinion, those 3 levels of security, could surely and wisely block more than 99.9% of serious hackers attemps directed against the Admin.php page.

Lee Li Pop

Hello Jesse Lee,

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Like the developers whom need to support it? :rolleyes:[/quote]

LOL! Too funny! :smiley:

Lee Li Pop