failed orders w/ specific product - invalid xml?

Any ideas on this? I have noticed some failed orders recently and they all seem to contain the same item. I looked into it further and the result code is 29, which for Payflow Pro is this:


[QUOTE]Invalid XML document. This could be caused by an unrecognized XML tag or a bad XML format that cannot be parsed by the system.[/QUOTE]



What part of a product would be getting passed through and cause a problem? I’m not sure where to look. This is the only time I’ve ever seen this issue and it’s happening every time someone tries to place an order for this particular item.

I also noticed these transactions do not even get checked by the gateway. There is no record of it. In the logs, there is normally a copy of the XML that is sent to payflow, but with these orders nothing is there.

Figured it out! The XML only passes the price, title, and code so I tried changing the title. I had a + and a & in the title so I thought those might be the culprits, but it was actually a special apostrophe character that I didn’t notice. I had copied the title from the publisher’s website so there was this kind of apostrophe: ’ I replaced it with a simple ’ and now it works.