Failed Order Issue

We’re handling processing through Paypal Pro.

Customer posted payment via mastercard debit card and the order failed…

The message returned on the back-end side was as follows:

Payment processor response:

There’s an error with this transaction. Please enter an address1 in the shipping address.

To resolve, I MANUALLY inputted the payment information into Paypal’s virtual terminal and it processed without issue.

Two questions:

1. What’s up with that?
  2. How can I get the back end to display the “long error message” that the payment processor should be returning? The generic error message is almost useless.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone have any experience with this before? it now seems to be occurring on a regular basis in our live store and is turning into a major issue.

Since the cs-cart folks seem to be on holiday, we’re having a blast trying to deal with support requests from customers with no fix in sight.

We’ve tried disabling paypal express to see if that’s the issue, but it seems to be occurring with paypal and credit card processes.

We’re really frustrated now and it’s affecting our business at this point.

I don’t use paypal pro but I do get quite a lot of failed transactions, most of the time the customer then puts through the exact same order and it seems to work on the second attempt (now whether that is because they have changed cards or not I am not sure). I may have to take a look in to this and contact some of the more recent customers and see if they can shed any light on whether they received a message saying why the initial transaction failed.