Failed card notice not showing at checkout!

This is a major issue.

I am running CS-CART: version 2.2.1 PROFESSIONAL.

I did a trial order today to see what my customers see when their credit card payment declines. I put in my correct CC# but a bad 3-digits on the back and wrong billing zip code. Instead of saying, “your card has declined. Please call us” or anything along those lines, the cart simply bounches me back to the part of the checkout process with the “place order” button. I click it again, it bounces back to the same spot. I click it again, same spot, same button. In the end, I have 3 declines and 3 holds on my credit card.

Is this a settings issue? Please help.

O.K., so I have another site using CS-Cart software. This time CS-CART: version 2.1.3 PROFESSIONAL. Again, same problem… I placed an order with a bad card and instead of saying, “it's declined” or any warning, it just goes back to the checkout page to process the same bad information again.

So, that's two carts. I doubt both versions have checkout problems, so I'm guessing this is a settings issue?

Any help.

I just read another thread about how this was a problem with 2.0. Somebody sold an addon but it wasn't good with 2.1 or 2.2, which is what I am running. Apparently, CS-Cart didn't see this as an issue. They fixed it now. I am just having the problem. If anybody can help me, I'd appreciate it.

[quote name=‘ckad79’ timestamp=‘1337368236’ post=‘136748’]

I just read another thread about how this was a problem with 2.0. Somebody sold an addon but it wasn’t good with 2.1 or 2.2, which is what I am running. Apparently, CS-Cart didn’t see this as an issue. They fixed it now. I am just having the problem. If anybody can help me, I’d appreciate it.

[/quote]

I can assure you this is not a common problem experienced by the majority of users, so it is related to something on your end.

We are currently running 2.2.4 and a declined /failed credit card transaction clearly triggers a “Your card has been declined, contact us for assistance” nasty red banner across the checkout page screen! Then 99% of the time it is because the customer simply has no flipping money on the card & thinks we can majically fix their economic dilemna… :-)

Thanks for the reply. If somebody could point me to a file in template editor that I can take a look at, I would be very apprecative.

Oh well, another $100 repair I have to pay out of pocket to Cs-Cart. Great!!! Every day something stops working on this cart.

[quote name='ckad79' timestamp='1337618310' post='136924']

Oh well, another $100 repair I have to pay out of pocket to Cs-Cart. Great!!! Every day something stops working on this cart.

[/quote]

Sorry to hear about the additional cost incurred, however, as soon as you finish polishing your ecommerce survival skils, I can assure you that things very seldom if ever just mysteriously break like that, so hang in there!