Ez Buy One Gift One - Bogo

EZ Merchant Solutions is pleased to announce our latest addon EZ Buy One Gift One at a special introductory price of $49.99USD for the next 30 days. After that, price will increase to $69.99.

Similar to the familiar Buy One Get One Free type of marketing, the Buy One Gift One will bring customer back to your site where the odds of them purchasing additional products is much higher.

The addon works by defining specific BOGO Plans. A BOGO Plan can contain one or more specified products or category of products.

For each product in the plan (or products within a category), a gift certificate will be sent to the recipient for the amount of the products purchased that are in that plan (multiple coupons will be sent if products from multiple plans are purchased). The recipient can then purchase any product in the plan (or product from a category within the plan) and have the coupon amount applied as a cart discount.

Reporting on usage is also available based on the orders where a BOGO coupon has been issued.
A customer can “Gift” to themselves or someone else. A pop-up is provided to designate the recipients name, email address and an optional message to be included in the email sent.

Key Features:

• Setup one or more BOGO plans that are active simultaneously
  • Turn plans on/off as your needs change
  • Plans can expire on a specified date (I.e. coupon must be used by)
  • Custom email templates per-plan if desired
  • User pop-up when landing on a page where BOGO is active (product or category). Once set, will not reappear but can be changed in checkout. Each category/product that has BOGO plan enabled will have a header showing that the product/category is eligible for Buy One Gift One.

Product details can be seen here.

Full Documentation is here.

And the marketplace (once approved) should be available here.

A few screenshots follow.

Customer email received from BOGO usage.

Customer assignment of BOGO purchases to a recipient:

Admin listing of plan products:

Nice job!

Can we some how use this plugin to do Buy One Get One Free Marketing where the customer can pay the higher price of the product out of 2 and the other one is then free ?

Hi @fleaffair, your question is not clear to me. Can you give more details?

It is not an "in session" promotion. The promotion is created/sent AFTER the original order is submitted.

Any qualifying product (or category) within a "plan" can be purchased and the cost of previously purchased products are the maximum discount that is applied.

For example. Let's say you have 2 plans setup;

plan-A: one product (ABC) valued at $20.00 - a true buy-one-gift-one.

plan-B: a category (Sample) containing products that range from $10.00 to $12.00

So customer purchases one of ABC and one product from the Sample category valued at $12.00.

They have chosen to send the "gift" to themselves.

They will receive 2 emails:

1 - coupon code for getting one ABC for free (I.e. purchase ABC with max discount of $20.00). If you've changed ABC to now cost $25.00 then they will get $20.00 off when purchasing it.

2 - coupon code for applying $12.00 to ANY product within the Sample category. If they add a $10.00 and a $12.00 product from Sample category to their cart then they will get a $12.00 discount applied and they would be charged $10.00 for the two items.

If both the ABC product and the Sample category were within one "plan" then the total discount amount ($32.00) would apply to any purchase of ABC OR anything in the Sample category.

Hope this helps clarify....

tony

Hi @fleaffair, your question is not clear to me. Can you give more details?

It is not an "in session" promotion. The promotion is created/sent AFTER the original order is submitted.

Any qualifying product (or category) within a "plan" can be purchased and the cost of previously purchased products are the maximum discount that is applied.

My query was if I want to run a Promotion where the customer buys 2 products where he has to pay only for the one with the higher price or if its same then pay only for 1 product and then other one is free to buy. BUY ONE GET ONE FREE.

How can this be accomplished ?

The BOGO addon is built on top of the cs-cart promotions. I.e. it generates and emails coupon codes.

I don't believe cs-cart supports a qualifying quantity of one product in order to get another for free. But that seems like a reasonable condition. You would just have to play with the conditions/bonuses to get it to work.

The Buy One Gift One is meant to apply a discount to a product or category based upon a prior purchase and enables one to send that promotion to yourself or someone else at the time of purchase for future use.

I don't believe cs-cart promotions support buy the higher priced item and get a lower priced one for free. You would have to specify specific 'condition products' with specific 'bonus products'.

It would be great if some one creates this addon since Buy One Get One Free is the most successful marketing offer in India and there would be many buyers for this addon

Well, a true buy one get one free is not what you described with the conditions relating to higher of two prices, etc. A true buy one get one free is to purchase quantity 1 of ABC and when you check out, you have 2 of ABC in your cart for the price of one. I.e. a 50% discount on the 2.

The buy one gift one method gets the customer (or their designee) back to your site to purchase (and gives you the opportunity to provide additional marketing incentives in the email that is sent). Most will just take the free offer but many more will purchase additional stuff.