Extra one off charge

I have searched but nothing really meets my needs.

I sell customised goods and want to charge the customer a setup charge for there logo to be added to clothing.

I was thinkin I could do it with a check box “would you like a design to be setup” Problem with doing it as options is it will charge it for every option added to the cart if the customer meaning potentially 3 or 4 custom charges being added.

Is there a way to charge a one off fee but then if a customer orders over a certian cost the set up charge becomes Free, probably as a promo .

JOhn

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1305097350' post='112013']

I have searched but nothing really meets my needs.

I sell customised goods and want to charge the customer a setup charge for there logo to be added to clothing.

I was thinkin I could do it with a check box “would you like a design to be setup” Problem with doing it as options is it will charge it for every option added to the cart if the customer meaning potentially 3 or 4 custom charges being added.

Is there a way to charge a one off fee but then if a customer orders over a certian cost the set up charge becomes Free, probably as a promo .

JOhn

[/quote]

John…

We are in the same boat. I found one solution that looked promising, but we're not able to easily apply it to our 10K products.

Have you made any progress on this?

Here are my thoughts in terms of requirements:

We sell customized products, which often carry 1-4 color imprints. A 1 color imprint may have a $50 setup and a 2 color imprint would have a $75 setup, etc, etc. We would like to setup the imprint colors as product options, associate the single fee setup charge with the option variant. Importing and exporting both the variant price options as well as the setup fees is also a must.

For example:

50 mugs costs $1.25 each and includes a one color imprint. If the customer orders 50 mugs with a 2 color imprint, the cost would be $1.25/mug +.35/mug run charge for 2nd color imprint + $75.00 setup cost.

This would make things SO MUCH BETTER! Any thoughts?