Excessive Virtual Memory Usage Problem

[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Sometime earlier this month our site went down because our[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Virtual Memory Usage quota was [/font][/size][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]exceeded.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]My host increased the limit but since then the level of VMU[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]has remained constant ( at the level that crashed our site ).[/font][/color]

Check DB shows an all clear.

Physical disk usage is normal so there doesn’t appear to be

any bloating.

[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I wish to isolate the cart by not allowing any access for a while

and then checking cpanel to see if VMU drops.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Please see attached image.[/font][/color]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Also:[/color][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]If some kind of DB interaction is causing the excess VMU can I simply[/color][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]isolate it by editing the config.local.php and providing a fictitious DB name ? [/color][/font]

SITEACCESSTEST.jpg

??? Virtual memory has nothing to do with files (other than the server swap file)… Not sure what you're try to say.

I am trying to halt all execution of my cart to determine if the now chronic excess virtual memory usage is cart related.

If my cart is unable to function and the virtual memory usage drops to close to or zero then

my cart will be proven to be the culprit.

Close the store.

I need to make all aspects of the script inactive.

Since 2x to 4x install package increased 3 time, server resource urge increased maybe 5 times. So if you updated recently I do not wonder why you do not fit to same hosting plan…

I have been using the same 3.0.6 for more than a year with no problems

with VMU until recently.

I have attempted to upgrade but had no luck.