Eu Legislation On Cookies In 2018

Yes your right, it could be smaller, and the colour is somethkng I didnt think about as I do not see the warning since I accepted it last time, before the design was created by Anton at your place.

Ill change the colour, thanks

You are always welcome! Yesterday I tried to think about why the colour of your notification confused me a little. I have a warning on my antivirus programme in this colour!

Since they had this useless LAW (just to get extra reason to collect fines in case they needed) I never heard that someone had problems because of this. This law works in two situations: 1. You are really big known company 2. Someone is declairing your web on purpose (competition, angry customeres...) I mean no automatic control exist for check up this silly notification (no sense to activate this till really needed).

The whole of the EU bureacracy / technocracy is silly but an very malicious organisation which I would declare organized crime. Just a racket the whole EU and its minions.

We were just informed that new google analytics usage and explicitly asking for permission will be very actively checked from now on, at least in Germany (also for stores not based in Germany, but doing business there anyway). I think the only add-on that is compliant is this one: https://www.cscart.biz/gdpr-cookie-responsive.html?sl=en

That's gonna make managing a business's marketing rather challenging. I get the 'goal' but think it's going to have huge impact on search ranking if you can't collect anonymous statistics related to region and/or country/city, time of day, navigation tree, etc..

I wish we had some data-opt-in here in the states, but limiting analytics would make life really hard. Do you know if there's just certain info like specific IP or other unique identifiers that are disallowed? Or is it all analytics? Are they trying for force paid rankings?

We were just informed that new google analytics usage and explicitly asking for permission will be very actively checked from now on, at least in Germany (but also for stores not based in Germany, but doing business there anyway). I think the only add-on that is compliant is this one: https://www.cscart.biz/gdpr-cookie-responsive.html?sl=en