EU cookie policy code :)

couldn't see any samples posted anywhere so thought id add one that I found

at EU cookie law and compliance

slightly modified from that link, less intrusive.

easy to setup and just covers this pointless bit of legislation.

download the cookie zip, unzip to the root of your website

colour changes, font sizes etc etc etc can be made in CookieCompliance/stylesheet.css

edit skins/yourskin/customer/index.tpl

place directly under

if you have search friendly urls enabled

```php

```

if you dont have search friendly urls enable

```php

```

place between and

change the link to your privacy policy / terms wherever you mention how you handle cookies etc

```php

Accept

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. To find out more, see our privacy policy

```

this will give you the following popup

[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8436/7831851428_3e4ee8fb6a_b.jpg[/img]

CookieCompliance.zip

Should be a standard feature in the software, if you ask me.

But Kudos for you!

JJ.

Great thanks for the effort, but doesnt seem to work with smart optimizer enabled, “error smart optimizer cannot find file/cookie-compliance/jquery.js”

any idea

Thanks

john

John have you tried putting the full path to the js file

for example:

John

For your information: it works perfectly on v3.0.2 Ultimate

Many thanks for your efforts.

JJ.

Hello,

Where should I put this code. Its unclear to me where to put it:

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]change the link to your privacy policy / terms wherever you mention how you handle cookies etc[/font][/color]

[color=#000088][/color]

[color=#000000] [/color][color=#000088][/color]

[color=#000000] [/color][color=#000088][/color][color=#000000]Accept[/color][color=#000088][/color]

[color=#000000] [/color][color=#000088]

[/color][color=#000000]This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. To find out more, see our [/color][color=#000088]http://fudgefeast.co.uk/privacy-policy.html”[/color][color=#000088]>[/color][color=#000000]privacy policy[/color][color=#000088][/color]

Thanks in advance

Sincerely

Edwin

it should be at around line 20 or 25 if you already put the first few lines of code in.

look for the line and it goes inbeween that, and the tag that is directly below it

Hi,

for those who are looking the 2.2x version visit http://forum.cs-cart…_fromsearch__1.

I had that as an Addon made.

Read more at the link

Fotis

Hi,

After reading privacy policy and then accept the cookie the screen stay on the cookie screen.

Is it posible after reading policy and accept cookie to go to the main-frame instead staying policy screen?

Thanks.

But there is no button for not accepting users …

will this install cookies even if you dont accept? As in slovenia the cookies can't be installed unless users confirms it!

I think if a user does not accept. They just leave the site.

I checked my site and there are at least 20 cookies created just to go through the checkout process. Even if you exclude the cart cookies, which may be needed to create a sale, there are many other cookies. Just by loading the checkout page I have these cookies::

Amazon

PayPal

Cookie for a marketing tool I use

Chat Software

twitter

There is also a cookie from my payment processor.

If a person does not want to accept any cookies, you either have to get a cart that does not need cookies to track individual carts/session and never use any third party marketing tools, chat software and may never use any social media on the site, etc. Or, the person leaves the site.

I set my opera settings to let me know when a cookie was placed on my computer. Went to my site and was very surprised to see so many. Many I have no idea where they came from. I'll be looking into it. I think I need my third parties to let me know what other cookies are being created on their behalf.

Bob

i see.

well i dont want to change the cart. Im very happy with this one. Currently I have a .js that disables cookies for users when it enters and if confirm then the cookie is installed. So now i have users browsing and because of this new law I can say thank you F#$$ slovenian government as now when i check google analytics i noticed 60%+ less activity.

Of course when i checked under filters 100+ are selected not to be tracking!!

thought the policy had changed now, only requiring it to be listed on a page and not have to automatically pop up

john

actually our policy just became valid on saturday and each site must have a text displayed as i written above…really stupid policy. i hope they'll change it soon…