EU cookie compliance

HI thanks for the free eu cookie mod - it seems to work fine on the latest professional version, I am still building the store so will give feedback as i go

thanks

will

Thanks for the feedback Will!

Fotis

It might be interesting to note that the ICO has backpedalled on the EU cookie directive.

http://www.ico.gov.u…kiesbanner=true

UK cookies cop changes own policy to ‘implied consent’ • The Register

Now its no longer needed to ask permission to place a cookie or show a warning for UK websites. You just need to explain cookies on your privacy page.

Hopefully other states will follow.

That is good news 8)

Now the Dutch government is also back-pedaling on the EU cookie directive. They have announced that they are annoyed by the cookie law and will review it.

Hi dvsgr,

Thanks for this addons. But not too sure if I find the right index.tpl as is look like that below and don't really know where to [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]add {include file=“addons/eu_cookie/tpl/message.tpl”} right after the tag (around line 24) [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Looking forward to hearing from you[/font][/color]:

{* $Id: index.tpl 12625 2011-06-03 13:57:09Z alexions $ *} {strip} {/strip} {include file=“meta.tpl”} {include file=“common_templates/styles.tpl” include_dropdown=true} {include file=“common_templates/scripts.tpl”} {if “SKINS_PANEL”|defined} {include file=“demo_skin_selector.tpl”} {/if}

[url=“”][/url] {include file=“common_templates/loading_box.tpl”} {include file=“main.tpl”} {if “TRANSLATION_MODE”|defined} {include file=“common_templates/translate_box.tpl”} {/if} {if “CUSTOMIZATION_MODE”|defined} {include file=“common_templates/template_editor.tpl”} {/if} {if “CUSTOMIZATION_MODE”|defined || “TRANSLATION_MODE”|defined} {include file=“common_templates/design_mode_panel.tpl”} {/if}

{hook name=“index:footer”}{/hook}

Hi Panchoo

as i mention in the first post this is a v22x Addon

So I think you are reffering to index.tpl of a custom v3.0.x

Have a look at the index.tpl of the basic skin of 225

```php

{* $Id$ *}

{strip}

{if $page_title}
{$page_title|escape:"html"}
{else}
{foreach from=$breadcrumbs item=i name="bkt"}
{if !$smarty.foreach.bkt.first}{$i.title|unescape|strip_tags|escape:"html"}{if !$smarty.foreach.bkt.last} :: {/if}{/if}
{/foreach}
{if !$skip_page_title}{if $breadcrumbs|count > 1} - {/if}{$location_data.page_title|escape:"html"}{/if}
{/if}

{/strip}
{include file="meta.tpl"}

{include file="common_templates/styles.tpl" include_dropdown=true}
{include file="common_templates/scripts.tpl"}

{if "SKINS_PANEL"|defined}
{include file="demo_skin_selector.tpl"}
{/if}
```

and this is the index.tpl of basic skin v306

```php

{strip}

{if $page_title}
{$page_title|escape:"html"}
{else}
{foreach from=$breadcrumbs item=i name="bkt"}
{if !$smarty.foreach.bkt.first}{$i.title|unescape|strip_tags|escape:"html"}{if !$smarty.foreach.bkt.last} :: {/if}{/if}
{/foreach}
{if !$skip_page_title}{if $breadcrumbs|count > 1} - {/if}{$location_data.title|escape:"html"}{/if}
{/if}

{/strip}
{include file="meta.tpl"}

{include file="common_templates/styles.tpl" include_dropdown=true}
{include file="common_templates/scripts.tpl"}

{if "SKINS_PANEL"|defined}
```

both have (at the end of the box I am showing you)