Errors.. Anyone Know What This Is..

Anyone know what might be causing this in my error logs. Even If I clear the cache, still persistent.

Curious because our orders have dropped off the charts. Something is happening..

[Sun Nov 15 15:44:35.536273 2015] [access_compat:error] [pid 31594] [client 66.249.xxx.xxx:37091] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/var/cache/misc/statics

Anyone know what might be causing this in my error logs. Even If I clear the cache, still persistent.

Curious because our orders have dropped off the charts. Something is happening..

[Sun Nov 15 15:44:35.536273 2015] [access_compat:error] [pid 31594] [client 66.249.xxx.xxx:37091] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/var/cache/misc/statics

This may help you http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/41004-varcachetemplates-file-permissions/

Maybe I'm not reading it correctly.. Everything seems to be set up correctly...

app/Tygh/SmartyEngine/Core.php

public $_dir_perms = 0777;
    public $_file_perms = 0666;

Do I need to set them differently in app/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php

Looks like the issue is server related:

https://wiki.apache.org/httpd/ClientDeniedByServerConfiguration

Please also make sure that all .htaccess files have default content in the following directories:

/var/

/var/cache/

/var/cache/misc/

/var/cache/misc/statics

We have no .htaccess files in the following directories..

/var/cache/

/var/cache/misc/

/var/cache/misc/statics

Hosting company is stating that it is issues within the script. (cs-cart).

What should all the permissions be in the cache folders? files vs folders

What should all the permissions be in the cache folders? files vs folders

Depends on server configuration.

Depends on server configuration.

That was helpful. I guess If I knew half of what some of you know..

Currently folders are 777 and files are 666

Either ask your host or create a directory and file. Whatever the system sets those permissions to by default, that's what you should use.

Either ask your host or create a directory and file. Whatever the system sets those permissions to by default, that's what you should use.

Ok, did what you said and created a folder and file...

Folder was set up as 755 and file was set up as 644 by default..

but my cache is set up as 777 / 666 how would that block a client..

Those permissions are not allowed by your system configuration. You need to edit config.local.php and change the default permissions as well as the permissions of all files and directories.

Most of them are probably already 755 and 644 since the system default set it to those but everything that CSC created will have incorrect permissions.

Now I'm scared. Why all the sudden? I just see a nuclear bomb waiting to go off as soon as I start changing all this..

Any advice on the proper way to achieve this. Or just file manager and go for it..

Try to change the values in the config.local.php to meet your needs:

// Default permissions for newly created files and directories
define('DEFAULT_FILE_PERMISSIONS', 0666); -> 0644
define('DEFAULT_DIR_PERMISSIONS', 0777); -> 0755

It's not all of a sudden. There are numerous threads since the inception of CSC.

Ok... Changed within the config.local.php..

Now do I need to manually change every folder and file for cs-cart..?

Shell access would be easier/quicker. If it looks like just cache files have incorrect permissions, you could just delete cache and let them rebuild themselves.

Shell access would be easier/quicker. If it looks like just cache files have incorrect permissions, you could just delete cache and let them rebuild themselves.

Yup.. Deleted the cache and they rebuilt correctly.. But all other files are incorrect..

Yup.. Deleted the cache and they rebuilt correctly.. But all other files are incorrect..

Do you have any kind of control panel (cPanel, ISPManager, etc)? Permissions can be easily changed from the built-in file manager if you are not familiar with SSH