Endicia mod from shippingkit?

Has anyone been able to get the Endicia (USPS) mod from shippingkit to work properly? We have had quite a few problems with it and was hoping maybe someone figured out how to get it working correctly.

BTW, we’ve tried to contact shippingkit directly in their ticket area but they wait a week plus to reply. Right now it has been 4 weeks and we have not heard any way to fix some of the issues.

Big issues right now:

1. We are unable to print horizontal on laser paper.
  2. We are unable to print on zebra printer.
  3. It ask for the “size” on flat rate envelopes.
  4. It does not put tracking number in CS tracking portion.

The list goes on, but some of these are functions that render it pretty useless.

Has anyone else been able to print properly? Has anyone even bought this mod from them? Have you been able to get the tracking number to post in the proper place?

If you are using this on 2.1.3, I doubt it Is compatible with this latest version.

Considering all of the shipping related features added to CS-Cart, odds are extremely high that any 3rd party shipping related mods would no longer work!

On this site we are still on 2.1.2 which is what it was supposed to work with. We have not upgraded to 2.1.3 on this site, primarily because of the mods from shippingkit.

I did finally get a reply from shipping kit that said…

“I’m very sorry. We will release a new version of the module where these issues are resolved in the beginning of the next week.”

I am still curious who else out there is using the USPS mod from shippingkit? Is there anyone? Are you using them struck?

I have used them several times in the past for custom work, they did excellent work.

I have not tried their Endicia mod, although I may soon.

I believe that I read quite some time ago that Sno was using this mod from Shippingkit.

Shippingkit said they are releasing updates that will fix the issues.

We have received new updates for the Endicia mod from Shippingkit but we are still unable to print labels on a laser printer or a Zebra thermal printer. Has anyone been able to succesfully print labels using the Endicia mod?

We have had no problem printing labels using their Fedex and UPS mod, only the Endicia. So I am trying to figure out if there are special settings or something that had to be done to get it to print properly.

BTW, it is the same issues as in the first post of this thread.

I am very interested to know how this is going.

I use both endicia.com and UPS Worldship and while I have very few complaints about CS-Cart, marking orders shipped and adding tracking numbers takes a lot longer than it did with ISC.

Did were y’all happy with shippingkit before the upgrade?

Both the UPS and the Fedex mod from shippingkit.com are AWESOME! You can print the labels right in your CS-Cart admin and the order is marked shipped, with the tracking number put on the order. The only issue we have with either of these is Shipping Kit has not implemented their system to print labels for Fedex “Smart Post”.

The Endicia (or USPS) mod I still have to hold off my vote on. We are slowly plugging our way but we still are unable to print the labels on a Zebra printer without error. I have received new instructions from Shipping Kit and hope to be able to get the Zebra issue resolved and actually be able to print the labels as easy as we print UPS and Fedex.

Now I’ve just got to hope that both CS-Cart and Shipping Kit will get Fedex Smart Post working properly. CS-Cart does have “Smart Post” that can be used as a shipment method, but it does not work on CS yet.

So Clips, you don’t have to use UPS Wordship? Or just to close end of day?

That would be nice. It’s the most bloated annoying software ever created.

Have you called Endcia support? Maybe they know. The Zebra printers are wonderful but the configuration can be fussy. Endicia has been helpful getting mine setup whenever I had to change computers.

When the mod marks the order as shipped does the email with tracking # go out too? That would be so nice!

Well, I will stay posted because the solution sounds handy! I hate printing labels.

We don’t use Worldship anymore at all. Likewise we don’t have to do “end of day” anymore. When you use the mod from shippingkit it prints out a label with a “bow” which is the same as if you printed it online. Once your UPS driver picks up your package it is automatically in the system. Sometimes your UPS driver will not scan your packages and then they just get scanned back at the hub. It has gone back and forth on how UPS does this part, but we never have to do end of day anymore and we never use UPS Worldship anymore. Once the Shippingkit program pops your label up right in your browser it will mark the package as shipped and then you just hit the “print” button to easily print your label.

The above pretty much works the same with Fedex too. With the exception that it is a lot more difficult to get Fedex set up to work online. If you use Fedex for shipping you will want to call their tech support to get you started.

On the USPS, the problem is the mod from Shippingkit uses a 3rd party program called Endicia. Why in the world we can print Fedex and UPS on Zebra labels but we cannot print USPS labels without errors is still beyond me. We just keep plugging away and hope to have the bugs worked out soon. Shippingkit did get some of the other bugs fixed so the only thing we are trying to work out right now is printing on a Zebra printer.

Both Fedex and UPS work very smoothly and UPS is a total breeze to set up. Both are easy to use once they are set up, it’s just Fedex takes more effort on trying to figure it out.

I only use UPS and Endicia - we are in the boonies and no FedEx Ground drop box here in case we miss the truck, but UPS has one.

I bet your e-mails from UPS are disabled then? I had WorldShip send out e-mails since ISC did not (to my supreme irritation) include the tracking # in the e-mail that went to the customer, they had to log in to get it. I guess I can turn off the UPS emails now.

The problem is, if I forget to run end of day in Worldship, and run it the next day, UPS sends the emails to the customer then telling them the delivery is rescheduled and the customer panics. When they look at the tracking number online, all is fine, but the emails operate on the assumption that the package didn’t get picked up. SO annoying!

Getting rid of ISC and Worldship in one week is almost too much happiness for me to bear. Maybe next we will get rid of the fire ants.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1306794840' post='113749']

We don't use Worldship anymore at all. Likewise we don't have to do “end of day” anymore. When you use the mod from shippingkit it prints out a label with a “bow” which is the same as if you printed it online. Once your UPS driver picks up your package it is automatically in the system. Sometimes your UPS driver will not scan your packages and then they just get scanned back at the hub. It has gone back and forth on how UPS does this part, but we never have to do end of day anymore and we never use UPS Worldship anymore. Once the Shippingkit program pops your label up right in your browser it will mark the package as shipped and then you just hit the “print” button to easily print your label.

The above pretty much works the same with Fedex too. With the exception that it is a lot more difficult to get Fedex set up to work online. If you use Fedex for shipping you will want to call their tech support to get you started.

On the USPS, the problem is the mod from Shippingkit uses a 3rd party program called Endicia. Why in the world we can print Fedex and UPS on Zebra labels but we cannot print USPS labels without errors is still beyond me. We just keep plugging away and hope to have the bugs worked out soon. Shippingkit did get some of the other bugs fixed so the only thing we are trying to work out right now is printing on a Zebra printer.

Both Fedex and UPS work very smoothly and UPS is a total breeze to set up. Both are easy to use once they are set up, it's just Fedex takes more effort on trying to figure it out.

[/quote]

Hi Clips,

Just to clarify…

1. Using USPS (not Fedex or UPS), does Shipping Kit import the csv file from Endicia so that tracking numbers are automatically put on the orders in Admin, so a customer can look up the number and date package was mailed?

2. Is an email generated automatically to the customer stating that the product shipped, and giving them the tracking number?

3. If the answers are “no” to both, do you know of any mod that does this?

These are my two primary goals aside from not typing shipping addresses in.

Thank you!

[quote name='summer00' timestamp='1313594918' post='119710']

1. Using USPS (not Fedex or UPS), does Shipping Kit import the csv file from Endicia so that tracking numbers are automatically put on the orders in Admin, so a customer can look up the number and date package was mailed?

2. Is an email generated automatically to the customer stating that the product shipped, and giving them the tracking number?

[/quote]

Shipping Kit resides right in the admin of your website and puts the tracking number right in CS-Cart as you ship it. When you print the label using a Shipping Kit mod it marks the order shipped, puts the tracking number in and also sends the “shipped” email to the customer.

[quote name=‘clips’ timestamp=‘1313597132’ post=‘119721’]

Shipping Kit resides right in the admin of your website and puts the tracking number right in CS-Cart as you ship it. When you print the label using a Shipping Kit mod it marks the order shipped, puts the tracking number in and also sends the “shipped” email to the customer.

[/quote]

Sounds like a dream! Thank you. Hope you got the zebra going…:-)

Yes shippingkit add-on works great with UPS. I just had them modifiy it so it works in Europe too (with kg's and cm's).

I just wish there was something like this for DHL who have MUCH better pricing then UPS (I send worldwide, 2 kg for 13 euro!)

I asked shippingkit and they are willing to make an add-on but their approximate quote is $700-800 which is a bit steep I think.

Maybe someone else is interested in making this add-on? Or buying it together?

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1298586969' post='104923']

2) We are unable to print on zebra printer.

3) It ask for the “size” on flat rate envelopes.

[/quote]

Did you get this issues solved? Thanks.