Email Auto-responder from contact form

Hi I am working on an installation of CS Cart for a client. (FIrst time using it)

They are wanting to send out an auto responder after a visitors uses the contact form in cs cart.

I have looked though the documentation, the forums and the web seeing if this could easily be added (it would appear no)

Has anyone done this or does anyone have any insight to how I might pull this off.

I am decent at php and code contact forms all the time I was thinking I could edit the tpl file for the form but I have not as of yet been able to locate it.

Any point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

The contact form is email based. What is it your auto responder is intended to do?

They were wanting to automatically respond to anyone completing the form via email - basically a message like “Thanks for your questions will will respond ASAP” as well as their physical store hours and phone number…

its not a huge issue actually I htink they have decided it is not needed now (LOL clients make up your minds) I am still curious tho if it would be easy to implement.

[quote name='Webdood' timestamp='1352384908' post='148662']

I am still curious tho if it would be easy to implement.

[/quote]

5 seconds and 1 line of code

Be very curious to know what that 1 line of code is to get an email sent to a customer as a result of submitting the contact us form…

Ok. maybe more than 5 seconds. too lazy to look for the right file

But on form submit. There should be a fn_send_mail call to send the form to you. All you need to do is add an extra fn_send_mail call to customer.

Thanks Kogi - I will look into it.

Hmm, I didn't think from reading the OP that he wanted to just send a copy of the contact form to a different destination. If that's all that's desired, then just have more than one address on the form email to field.

can you tell how to make an auto reponder to the customer a little more detailed?