Editing the Order view page in Admin

When viewing an order within admin. Down where you view the products ordered and see the products options we have a field for custom text… Is it possible that when a customer has added custom text to make that show up RED… … Withing that admin view… Not sure where the code is…??? Hope that makes sense…

You'll have to find where (assuming it was done properly) the orders:customer_notes hook was used to add the formatting and data for your text. Look in skins//admin/addons/my_changes/hooks/orders/customer_notes.post.tpl and see if it's there.

skins/basic/admin/styles.css has a value for all the text areas in the admin interface.

You could duplicate line 19 and change only the color of the font within the textarea {color: #333333;} to something else like #FF0033.

That particular textarea is inside another div tag with the class=“clear order-notes” you should be able to use that to your advantage to just change the value of that one textarea.

You could also edit the values in line 31 to change the background and border color. (make the background red and the font white!)

.input-text, .input-textarea, .input-textarea-long, .input-text-short, .input-text-medium, .input-text-large, .input-text-long, .readonly-input, .input-text-100, .input-save-name, .search-input-text, .input-text-price, select {

background: url(“images/input_bg.gif”) repeat-x scroll center top #FFFFFF;

border: 1px solid #CCCCCC;

}

I suggest you use Mozilla Firefox with the Firebug addon to find any class you would like to edit in the CSS.

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1363555484' post='157965']

skins/basic/admin/styles.css has a value for all the text areas in the admin interface.

You could duplicate line 19 and change only the color of the font within the textarea {color: #333333;} to something else like #FF0033.

That particular textarea is inside another div tag with the class=“clear order-notes” you should be able to use that to your advantage to just change the value of that one textarea.

You could also edit the values in line 31 to change the background and border color. (make the background red and the font white!)

.input-text, .input-textarea, .input-textarea-long, .input-text-short, .input-text-medium, .input-text-large, .input-text-long, .readonly-input, .input-text-100, .input-save-name, .search-input-text, .input-text-price, select {

background: url(“images/input_bg.gif”) repeat-x scroll center top #FFFFFF;

border: 1px solid #CCCCCC;

}

I suggest you use Mozilla Firefox with the Firebug addon to find any class you would like to edit in the CSS.

[/quote]

Thanks for your help. I see what you are suggesting… This is more what I am talking about… In the example below I am only wanting the Optional Text: “[size=4]#YOLO![/size]” to be in red. Your example changes the entire line to red… All the options… Mainly just want it to stand out when a customer has added Optional Text to the order… May not be possible…

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Product Name

CODE: 21868

Price in points:28

Options: Banner Size: 6" x 36" (+$5.00), Color Choices: Black Carbon Fiber (+$4.00), Optional Text: #YOLO!

Suggest you include an alternate CSS file via my_changes and make the change in that file so you won't be impacted by a future upgrade.

To use hooks for Administration, or put your alternate CSS file into my_changes for Administration, do you create:

\skins\basic\admin\addons\my_changes ? (assuming you use the basic skin for administration).

Yes, exactly as done for the customer side of things. Only difference is that under Ultimate, it is not in the /stores//skins directory, but rather in the skins directory itself. Yet one more variant for Ultimate that prevents someone from doing something in admin for one store but not another…

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1363809149' post='158285']

Yes, exactly as done for the customer side of things. Only difference is that under Ultimate, it is not in the /stores//skins directory, but rather in the skins directory itself. Yet one more variant for Ultimate that prevents someone from doing something in admin for one store but not another…

[/quote]

Unfortunately that is the same but I just took to adding {if} statements for displaying per store ID. Will likely be a pain in the ass for major upgrades but so far I've not had to do anything since 3.0.2, upgrading to each 3.0 version to 3.0.6.

I do wonder if the new architecture changes in 3.1 will address the inability to easily customise the admin for Ultimate users.

Another reason we will not even think about upgrading from 2.2.5 until 3.1… We were even advised by CS-Team to wait… May be due to some of the custom coding we are wanting implemented. Obviously 3.1 is going to change the game again.