Editing Templates

[SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Before I submit to the bug tracker, can someone here test out editing any template in admin ? I tried to change a few things back to where they were before upgrading to .13, and I can press save till I turn blue and nothing gets saved. Don’t know if it matters, but it is in the Default Magenta skin.

I tried in both Chrome & IE. Is it me ?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I have been editing templates all day today with no issues. You may want to open a helpdesk ticket.

I ran into that and some other problems while trying to update my templates after the 2.0.13 update. The editor (using FireFox) seemed to be randomly working, and I was not able to update my templates. I then reverted back to 2.0.12 after this issue and the weird line in the product view.

[quote name=‘whiplash13’]I have been editing templates all day today with no issues. You may want to open a helpdesk ticket.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Every time I run into problems, they deduct my purchase points saying it’s something with the system. I sent them several screen shots of problems I was having, and now I am down to 5 points. I know they will insist it’s not a bug…

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name=‘Jman423’]I ran into that and some other problems while trying to update my templates after the 2.0.13 update. The editor (using FireFox) seemed to be randomly working, and I was not able to update my templates. I then reverted back to 2.0.12 after this issue and the weird line in the product view.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]I am also seeing all my text slammed against the thumbnails again…the same as before upgrading to either .11 or.12…and the “Add to Cart” button & “Add to Wish List” is now below the thumbnail. I want to put it back where it was below the options, but I can’t find the template.

I had to resort to using the server CPanel to edit the templates. Nothing would save with the editor. I would open the templates right back up again, and everything I changed would be gone…[/COLOR][/SIZE]:confused:

[quote name=‘DawnG’][SIZE=“2”]…and the “Add to Cart” button & “Add to Wish List” is now below the thumbnail. I want to put it back where it was below the options, but I can’t find the template.[/QUOTE]

See this post in the Bug Tracker to move the buttons back to the oldlocation:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1803[/url]

Bob

[quote name=‘DawnG’][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Every time I run into problems, they deduct my purchase points saying it’s something with the system. I sent them several screen shots of problems I was having, and now I am down to 5 points. I know they will insist it’s not a bug…

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

Yes, they are right. The problem would be in the php settings on your server. You can create a file e.g. phpinfo.php, put this code there:

```php

phpinfo();
?> ```

and upload it to your CSC installation folder. If you are done send me a PM with the URL. I will look into this.

Same here, the template editor is not working at all in 2.0.13, it loads a blank screen and sometimes loads a screen with jumbled code, not working at all - Sno

[quote name=‘jobosales’]See this post in the Bug Tracker to move the buttons back to the oldlocation:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1803[/url]

Bob[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Thanks much…

I followed the instructions & although the buttons are back where they belong, some of my products are way out of whack:[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[URL=“http://www.artstyle-caketops.com/love-in-silhouette-custom-cake-topper.html”]http://www.artstyle-caketops.com/love-in-silhouette-custom-cake-topper.html[/URL]

[SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]This cake topper has 4 additional figurine choices, but as you can see, only 3 are showing…

I am scared to death to upgrade my main site because it seems the table data size is way off and everything is slammed to the left and the photo samples are vertical instead of horizontal. With this product: [URL=“http://www.artstyle-caketops.com/love-never-dies-anniversary-custom-cake-topper.html”]http://www.artstyle-caketops.com/love-never-dies-anniversary-custom-cake-topper.html[/URL] there is only 2 options, but on my main site some items have 10-20 photos of other options, and that is going to be a mess :([/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Yes, they are right. The problem would be in the php settings on your server. You can create a file e.g. phpinfo.php, put this code there:

```php

phpinfo();
?> ```

and upload it to your CSC installation folder. If you are done send me a PM with the URL. I will look into this.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]What do you suspect could be the problem ?

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Dawn,

Also, at least with Firefox 3.5, the entire music box selection field dropdown is not showing. Would have to adjust or remove the right column.

This is another classic example of changes not beta tested prior to implementation.

My classic example is back in 1.35 series when the options changed from being displayed vertically, in cart and invoices, to all of a sudden were displayed horizontally. Probably only tested with products with 1 or two options and not text fields.With up to 10 text fields/areas with multi lines, the current layout is impossible for anyone to decipher when all dropdowns and text fields are populated.

My products are similar to yours. Some selection fields are very wide and would probably go right off the page with 2.013. Not going to upgrade until “fixed” in 1.014.

I wish cs-cart would fix what is broken such as the calculation of taxes with shipping and coupons and stop “improving” on other things that are not broken, especially without a period of beta testing.

Its a shame you have to fix something that was not broken in the first place.

Bob

[quote name=‘pbannette’]Dawn,

Also, at least with Firefox 3.5, the entire music box selection field dropdown is not showing. Would have to adjust or remove the right column.

This is another classic example of changes not beta tested prior to implementation.

My classic example is back in 1.35 series when the options changed from being displayed vertically, in cart and invoices, to all of a sudden were displayed horizontally. Probably only tested with products with 1 or two options and not text fields.With up to 10 text fields/areas with multi lines, the current layout is impossible for anyone to decipher when all dropdowns and text fields are populated.

My products are similar to yours. Some selection fields are very wide and would probably go right off the page with 2.013. Not going to upgrade until “fixed” in 1.014.

I wish cs-cart would fix what is broken such as the calculation of taxes with shipping and coupons and stop “improving” on other things that are not broken, especially without a period of beta testing.

Its a shame you have to fix something that was not broken in the first place.

Bob[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Thanks Bob…you made me feel much better that it is not me or solely my server.

Please pardon me if I am wrong, but I resent it when I am told I have to pay to have issues fixed when they are not working correctly. As you said, these things need to be tested to a fair degree otherwise there are going to be countless issues for countless people. I am not a complainer, and I don’t give anyone a hard time…but I am getting tired of every upgrade giving me (and everyone else) huge concerns. And when we do expose these issues, we have to pay one way or another to get them eradicated. Something just doesn’t seem right there…

My site host is extremely on the ball about servers & coding, and he found many errors that are causing the problems on my site…and they are not PHP as suggested…but script discrepancies. I trust his judgment & advice 1000%.

I also got very frustrated with the presentation of the options…and I spent quite some time finding the source & put a line break after the options…so at least now you can read them. I posted a thread about this after upgrading from .8 to .12[/COLOR][/SIZE]