Edit in Visual HTML editor doesn't work

Hello, i have a problem. I can’t edit a product’s description in visual html editor. When i’m editing a product and press “Edit in visual HTML editor” the only thing that changes is the text that now says “View source”. When testing on the local computer the visual HTML editor works. Can anyone please help ?

Did you make sure you save first?

there is nothing to save. I can’t enter the visual html editor. I can only edit the source code.

Does the editor open?

no it doesn’t open.

What version? No error message?

version 2.0.6. no error message.

when i press “edit in visual html” the ONLY thing that changes is the text that now says “view source”.

[quote name=‘mirceara’]version 2.0.6. no error message.

when i press “edit in visual html” the ONLY thing that changes is the text that now says “view source”.

you need to check your files. most of the problems are occured due to file transfer from your local pc to your server. check to see if the same error you get on the demo cs cart then your files are missing / corrupted on the server so better transfer those files again.

did you guys figure this out? I am having the same problem.

Hello,

I have made upgrade 2.0.8 to 2.0.10 and the “Edit in visual HTML editor” is not working.

Is the same error than the other messages. It don`t open the “visual HTML editor”.

With file is possible with problems?

i can only view source code but the html editor is gone and i need to format product descriptions.

Anny ideas??

Thanks

steve

Admin/Developer doesnt seem to care.

[quote name=‘mirceara’]Hello, i have a problem. I can’t edit a product’s description in visual html editor. When i’m editing a product and press “Edit in visual HTML editor” the only thing that changes is the text that now says “View source”. When testing on the local computer the visual HTML editor works. Can anyone please help ?

[/quote]

If it works on your local PC, then it could be a chmod problem. Check the permissions of this folders:

chmod -R 777 catalog

chmod -R 777 images

chmod -R 777 skins

chmod -R 777 var (and all it’s subdirectories)

Did the above and followed this:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=12747&highlight=editor+default[/url]

The last part of the code in the “js” file is not exactly the same for 2.0.12 but replaced it with what the author wrote and works perfectly fine now :slight_smile: