Ebay Synchronization Add-On: Improvements And New Features

Is there a features list for this addon or a manual? I would like to know if it possible to sync product quantities with cs-cart at certain times of the day. Also what happens if you update any details of a certain product in cs-cart, will it update ebay too?

Is there a features list for this addon or a manual? I would like to know if it possible to sync product quantities with cs-cart at certain times of the day. Also what happens if you update any details of a certain product in cs-cart, will it update ebay too?

The documentation for the addon is available at docs.cs-cart.com.

Here's the link to the eBay addon documentation: http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.3.x/user_guide/addons/eBay/index.html
I hope you will find it useful. If you have any feedback about the documentation, please post it in this topic.

Or you can post your feeback here, if it concerns the eBay addon and/or its documentation.

Unfortunately, there is no way to sync product quantities and details automatically yet. However, you can use CS-Cart to revise products on eBay. When you revise a product, the current product details are sent from CS-Cart to eBay.

Please keep in mind that eBay has restrictions on revising listings.

Hi. Is the 30 day trial still available? I just updated to the latest cs-cart version and when activating the addon it ask for the licence.

Hi. Is the 30 day trial still available? I just updated to the latest cs-cart version and when activating the addon it ask for the licence.

Hello,

The trial period is still available, if you use CS-Cart 4.3.5. The information about the eBay addon license number is preserved during the update. So, if you had the addon installed when using an older CS-Cart version, and didn't specify the license number, you would get an error saying that the add-on license number is empty.

I see 2 ways to fix the problem:

1. Reinstall the eBay Synchronization addon. If you don't have the license number and install the addon, the trial key should be put in the corresponding field during the installation automatically. Then you should be able to activate the addon.

Note that uninstalling the addon will also delete the information related to it, such as eBay templates you may have created. But it shouldn't be the problem if you never worked with the addon before.

2. Enter the trial key manually. Go to Add-ons → Manage add-ons, click eBay Synchronization and switch to the License info tab. You should find the trial key there. Just copy it into the field (without the quotation marks) and save your changes.

I removed and re-installed the addon. The trial key was entered automatically. Thanks.

How does this add-on deal with the CS-Cart Product Option Combinations?

The documentation is not clear on this

How does this add-on deal with the CS-Cart Product Option Combinations?
The documentation is not clear on this

Hello, Olof,

Thank you for the question, I'll be sure to make the documentation more clear in that regard. For now I'll provide the description here.

The only way to export product options is through option combinations, that are treated by eBay as listing variations. Please keep in mind that eBay allows listing variations only in specific categories. More information about listing variations is available at pages.ebay.com.

When you export a product to eBay, all the option combinations are exported, except for those that aren't in stock. Here are the possible situations, depending on the Inventory setting of the product:
  • Track with options: CS-Cart tracks the quantity for every specific option combination. Those quantities are exported to eBay. If a combination doesn't have a quantity specified, CS-Cart assumes that it is out of stock, and the combination won't appear on eBay.
  • Track without options: for eBay export purposes CS-Cart assumes that you have the same quantity of products for every single option combination. During the export the quantity is taken from the product's In stock field.

For example, if you sell red and blue T-shirts and have 10 in the In stock field, you'd have 20 T-shirts (10 red ones and 10 blue ones) listed on eBay.

• Do not track: works the same way as Track without options.

Unfortunately I made the mistake of buying this add-on before realising there was a trial licence!

This add-on falls very short of what I would have expected from CS-Cart and I am not sure that I can find a way of using it with out some very significant improvements!

A bit of Background

We have a very wide range of products that fall into a wide range of different eBay categories.
These products are also very variable in their price, ranging from £0.20 to £65.00 and with widely varying postage charges, based on the products price.

The eBay template is used to control the postage charges used on eBay.

Just using the eBay templates to control synchronisation with eBay would require a very large number of templates to be created, I have estimated that we would need at least 300 templates, probably a lot more!

To dramatically reduce the number of templates the CS-Cart categories can be updated to have an eBay primary category, which will override the templates primary category setting.

This will then leave us needing to create a template for each of the postage charges that our products use, which is 6 templates.

The issues

Having discussed this with CS-Cart support, I have identified the following:

1) If we want to use a secondary eBay category, we will have to go back to creating 300+ templates!

2) Accidentally setting the secondary eBay category on the template, when using the CS-Cart category overrides, will cause all products using that template to have the same secondary category!

3) The relationship between templates and postage charges means that the templates can NOT be used for anything else!

4) CS-Cart already has the details of the "Postage charges" being used for each product, the only information missing is the "Additional shipping fee", which could easily be added to the "Editing postage method" page in "Shipping & VAT" -> "Postage methods".

5) So the template is just a pointless duplication of the postage charges, with the added problem that if we have to change our postage rates at any time, we also have to remember to make the same changes to the templates!!!

6) There is no easy/convenient way to add the "eBay primary category" to CS-Cart's categories! In fact editing categories in CS-Cart has always been a major problem.

7) There are 2 obvious ways of making it much easier, both used for products, the 1st is the "Edit selected" feature and the 2nd is the "Export selected" feature, with the corresponding Category import (so that the editing can be done in a spreadsheet). I appreciate that both these methods would require a major change to the Categories page and would require the ability to search Categories, but this has been something CS-Cart users have been asking for, for a long time!

As I was advised by Timur Mestan-zade, Technical support engineer at CS-Cart "We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the eBay add-on, however, I should tell you that all the mentioned points are not bugs in the add-on, they are a lack of functionality. I suggest that you should post your feedback in the special theme of our forum and explain why these features should be added..."

Maybe others would also like to take Timur's advice and then hopefully we can convince the developers that the "lack of functionality" should be resolved.

Hello,

First of all, I am sorry to hear that you didn't make use of the trial license. However, the trial period for the addon only appeared since version 4.3.5, so it's a recent addition.

Secondly, thank you for your extensive feedback, especially the background information and suggestions. It is those details that help to figure out what aspects of the addon need improvement. I've informed the developers about the issues you mentioned here.

And yes, the more feedback we get, the better (especially if it's so detailed). It helps to set priorities and find better solutions.

Hi,

i need possibility to select EAN of products. With new ebay policy i can't export products, because Ebay require EAN.

There is a solution?

Hello,

The support of eBay product identifiers (EAN included) will be added in CS-Cart 4.3.7.

Hello,

I had purchased ebay addon maybe a year ago, it was working poor so I had refund. I am willing to give a second try but I have one question to be answered before.

My store base currency is EUR (not willing to change base currency in to other) and I am interested only in ebay.com (got account there) and other ebay marketplaces like ebay.de .uk .ie does not interest me. How will addon work exporting product to USD marketplace while store base currency is EUR? Will it work?

Hello,

I had purchased ebay addon maybe a year ago, it was working poor so I had refund. I am willing to give a second try but I have one question to be answered before.

My store base currency is EUR (not willing to change base currency in to other) and I am interested only in ebay.com (got account there) and other ebay marketplaces like ebay.de .uk .ie does not interest me. How will addon work exporting product to USD marketplace while store base currency is EUR? Will it work?

Hello,

There's no way yet to do what you want without changing the primary currency temporarily. This workaround described here. It may be time-consuming and unviable in some cases, but it is there.

An attempt to to export products to ebay.com from the store, where Euro is the primary currency, will result in an error:

Invalid auction currency.
The auction currency specified does not match the auction currency for the selected site.

We are aware of this problem, but unfortunately I can't say for sure when it will be solved.

Thanks for responds, not quite clear on solution.

A Possible Workaround:
In the new version of eBay Synchronization you can create a separate eBay template for the desired eBay website.

Then you set the currency of that website as the primary currency of your store under Administration → Currencies and specify prices for your products in that currency (if it hasn't been done already).

If your eBay template's shipping type is set to Calculated, you'll also need to change company address (Settings → Company) and weight measurement units (Settings → General) to meet the requirements of the national eBay website you're exporting products to.

Then you can export and revise products on that particular national eBay site.

I know this solution is not perfect and requires a lot of work, but I hope this helps someone.

In other words

change default currency here

Administration → Currencies

change rest requirements. Do product export and then revert change back :) ?

In above question I wrote that I do not wish to change default currency from EUR to USD, so this workaround not for me then.

Yes, Darius, that’s exactly what I meant. Although you said that you didn’t want to change the primary currency, I just had to mention that workaround. I do realize it’s far from perfect, but it’s the only way I know.

Can the currency be selected on the Ebay side? I belive they can change this on request

Hello,

Lucky you got a refund. I bought it soon after it came out, was a huge complete waste and never used it. Kinda feel like I was stolen from.

I bought the ebay sync add-on when it came out but it wasn't usable. I treated the cost as an investment for cscart to develop the module and have been patiently waiting for improvements. Other carts like NETO do ebay integration really well so I am hoping it is not impossible for cscart to develop a great add-on.

We also bought into cscart in the very early days (2005-6) hoping our investment in the product would spur development.

Wish we could get a discount or something for the ones who bought it early to purchase the one now. We were pretty much sold a product that was garbage and unusable.

I'm a somewhat new cs-cart user and came from BigCommerce. Inkfrog has an inexpensive ebay sync addon for BigCommerce and several other carts that syncs inventory, pricing, and other things. The syncing is 2-way. i.e. if you sell an item on ebay, inventory in the store is adjusted, and vice versa. I wish the Inkfrog addon was available for csc.