Today, we present to you the newest version of the eBay Synchronization add-on. Get it with CS-Cart 4.3.5, or as an upgrade package for CS-Cart 4.3.4 (download eBay upgrade package for 4.3.4).
Weâ€™d appreciate your feedback about the add-on, so you wonâ€™t even need a valid license number to test it: CS-Cart 4.3.5 will include the 30-day trial period for the eBay Synchronization add-on.
With CS-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.3.5 released, it’s high time to try the new eBay Synchronization add-on.
Download CS-Cart 4.3.5 at cs-cart.com to get the 30-day trial period for the add-on. Try it, and share your ideas and suggestions in this topic. We’re looking forward to your feedback!
The trial period for the add-on is included in CS-Cart 4.3.5 only: those, who install the eBay synchronization upgrade package for CS-Cart 4.3.4, still need a valid license number (available for purchase at cs-cart.com).
The add-on has changed significantly, so check out the new eBay add-on documentation (available at docs.cs-cart.com). If you want to know how to install the add-on on various versions of CS-Cart, see the next post.
Issue: There were no detailed error messages after exporting products to eBay. If something went wrong, the user couldnâ€™t determine the reason.
Solution: A pop-up window will notify you, if anything goes wrong when you export products to eBay. The pop-up window has the Show Logs button, that leads to a page with the list products you exported, and the errors related to those products.
Issue: You could only assign one category to an eBay template. If you wanted to export products to 10 different eBay categories, you had to make 10 templates.
Solution: You can now assign a corresponding eBay category to a category of your store on the eBay tab of category settings. This eBay category will override the category specified in the eBay template, but only for the products that fall under the corresponding category of your store.
Issue: You couldnâ€™t make exported products cheaper or more expensive on eBay, than in your store.
Solution: When you edit a product, you can now switch to the eBay tab, tick the Redefine Price on eBay checkbox, and fill in the eBay Product Price field.
Issue: You couldnâ€™t apply an eBay template to products on the eBay template editing page. Instead you had to go to Products â†’ Products and apply eBay templates there.
Solution: When you edit an eBay template, you can now apply it to products: press the Add Products button and find a product you want to add to the template. You no longer have to go to every separate product and specify an eBay template for them.
Issue: You couldnâ€™t see the list of products assigned to an eBay template.
Solution: Use the eBay template and eBay status filters in the advanced product search to find all products associated with eBay.
Issue: You couldn’t change eBay parameters of products in bulk and export eBay parameters to a .csv file.
Solution: You can now select multiple products and use the Edit Selected button to change eBay parameters. You can also export eBay parameters under Administration â†’ Export Data â†’ Products.
Issue: The Default Site setting of the eBay Synchronization add-on had to match the eBay Region setting of an eBay template for the export to work properly.
Solution: The Default Site setting has been removed. Now you only need to specify the eBay Region in the eBay templateâ€™s settings.
Note: Before you export products to a specific eBay region, make sure to change the company address, primary currency, and weight unit in your store to meet the requirements of the selected eBay region.
- A new eBay column on the product list, that shows productâ€™s current eBay template and status
- You now have the option to end eBay sales for an eBay template or particular products assigned to that template. Go to Marketing â†’ eBay â†’ eBay templates, press the gear button next to the template, and choose End eBay sales
- You can now retrieve the statuses of products from eBay. Go to Marketing â†’ eBay â†’ eBay templates, press the gear button next to the template and choose Get product status from eBay
- You can now find and export products with an applied eBay template under Marketing â†’ eBay â†’ eBay products
- You can now export entire eBay templates under Marketing â†’ eBay â†’ eBay templates
Since June 29, 2015, eBay requires Product Identifiers (learn more at ebay.com) such as Itemâ€™s Brand, Manufacturer Part Number (MPN), and Global Trade Item Numbers (GTINs)â€”Universal Product Codes (UPCs), European Article Numbers (EAN), and International Standard Book Numbers (ISBNs)
- CS-Cart doesnâ€™t export the International shipping service setting of eBay templates
- CS-Cart doesnâ€™t allow you to specify multiple domestic and international shipping services for an eBay template; log in to eBay to specify additional shipping services
- Thereâ€™s no option to specify taxes for eBay in CS-Cart (learn more about tax tables at ebay.com)
Unfortunately, itâ€™s impossible to send product identifiers to eBay by adding features to products in CS-Cart. The issue with product identifiers has been resolved in CS-Cart 4.3.7.
The issues with shipping services and tax tables can be resolved by exporting products (learn how to export products to eBay at docs.cs-cart.com) and then revising them directly on the eBay website:
- Go to My eBay
- Click Sell â†’ Active on the left menu
- Click More actions â†’ Revise in the Actions column of the desired product
- Specify your shipping methods in the Add shipping details section
- Specify taxes in the Add other details section
- Click Continue at the bottom of the page