Ebay Sync Add-On Requires Upc

It seems the eBay sync add-on requires the UPC field to be filled in or one gets an error. Many of our products do not have a UPC value and in fact there is no UPC for them. Is there some way to export to eBay without UPC? Thanks for any insights.

It seems the eBay sync add-on requires the UPC field to be filled in or one gets an error. Many of our products do not have a UPC value and in fact there is no UPC for them. Is there some way to export to eBay without UPC? Thanks for any insights.

I suppose you mean this: http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-6247-ebay-product-identifier/?gopid=24509#entry24509
Will be included in next minor release.

I suppose you mean this: http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-6247-ebay-product-identifier/?gopid=24509#entry24509
Will be included in next minor release.

Thanks for reply. OK, the link thread indicates eBay will now require UPC. That's crazy unless there's an easy way to get or generate them, which I assume there is. From the thread I conclude that eBay will now require UPC and that users such as myself want the ability to export product without UPC until eBay makes them absolutely mandatory.

Thanks for reply. I'm still unclear on whether or not the UPC will be needed to export. Are you saying that the ability to export to eBay without UPC will be included next time, or the opposite, that in compliance with eBay changes this will now be required?

No, you can not import to Ebay if it requires UPS. Only some of the categories have such requirements.
We will add these features, so you will be able to fill them in, and export products with it.

Thanks for reply. OK, the link thread indicates eBay will now require UPC. That's crazy unless there's an easy way to get or generate them, which I assume there is. From the thread I conclude that eBay will now require UPC and that users such as myself want the ability to export product without UPC until eBay makes them absolutely mandatory.

As a workaround you can add the following part of code:

Does not apply

after this line:

dispatch_days}]]>

in the app/addons/ebay/Ebay/requests/ItemRequest.php file.

As a workaround you can add the following part of code:

Does not apply

after this line:

dispatch_days}]]>

in the app/addons/ebay/Ebay/requests/ItemRequest.php file.

Thanks. This has been done and the add-on is working.