Easiest way to set up Paypal?

I always thought that using Paypal was temporary for our site as we have a merchant account/gateway with Innovative for AX, Visa and MC as well as Discover which is rarely used.

Currently the 10% of our orders that use PayPal do it as a an open order status and then they visit the Paypal website and manually pay to our email address.

From time to time customers do not understand and make multiple attempts to pay via PayPal which they cannot do directly on our site.

So to make life easier for those customers I want to setup something that will work within CS cart.

I do not mind our customers leaving our site at all but I do not want any bugs in the payment process with missed payment emails etc…

What is the easiest and smoothest working setup with CS cart for PayPal?

Pay Pal Pro. Keeps customers on your site.

[quote name=‘Traveler’]I always thought that using Paypal was temporary for our site as we have a merchant account/gateway with Innovative for AX, Visa and MC as well as Discover which is rarely used.

Currently the 10% of our orders that use PayPal do it as a an open order status and then they visit the Paypal website and manually pay to our email address.

From time to time customers do not understand and make multiple attempts to pay via PayPal which they cannot do directly on our site.

So to make life easier for those customers I want to setup something that will work within CS cart.

I do not mind our customers leaving our site at all but I do not want any bugs in the payment process with missed payment emails etc…

What is the easiest and smoothest working setup with CS cart for PayPal?[/quote]

Usually if you use “Paypal Express Checkout” the customer will be redirected to the Paypal site. Then there are 2 options (depending on your country) to pay: As a PayPal customer (if they have currently a Paypal account, or they will create a new one), or they can pay with credit card without to have a PayPal account.

You should have a PayPal business account and in Profile > API Access “Setting up API permissions and credentials” you have to create an API certificate.

Then you have to set up a new payment gateway “Paypal Express Checkout” in CSC.

[quote name=‘roban’]Pay Pal Pro. Keeps customers on your site.[/quote]

Roban,

Thank you.

Why would I want to keep customers on my site after they make their payment?

Note we are in a niche custom made craft market with low sales and no real competition.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Usually if you use “Paypal Express Checkout” the customer will be redirected to the Paypal site. Then there are 2 options (depending on your country) to pay: As a PayPal customer (if they have currently a Paypal account, or they will create a new one), or they can pay with credit card without to have a PayPal account.

You should have a PayPal business account and in Profile > API Access “Setting up API permissions and credentials” you have to create an API certificate.

Then you have to set up a new payment gateway “Paypal Express Checkout” in CSC.[/quote]

Indy,

Thank you - you are always helpful.

This seems closest to what I now have. So if I understand correctly after I set it up my customers simply have one more payment option.

I will still get my current admin email after the sale as well as the customer getting their email no changes correct?

Now I have to decide if I want to just give up completely on Paypal and force my customers to use our merchant account as this will save us money and I do not think that we will lose any customers but I cannot say for sure…

[quote]I will still get my current admin email after the sale as well as the customer getting their email no changes correct?[/quote]Yes, CSC the notification will works as before. Just you and your customer will receive an additional email from PayPal about the payment.

[quote]Now I have to decide if I want to just give up completely on Paypal and force my customers to use our merchant account as this will save us money and I do not think that we will lose any customers but I cannot say for sure…[/quote]You can use both paypent options. Maybe a customer who will buy something doesn’t have a credit card but does have a PayPal account.

I shall give express checkout a try.

I have set up the payment method in CS cart and the password and username

Now I wonder where I put the kep which i have in a text file?

The manual was not helpful

Open the /payments/certificates/paypal_cert.txt file, replace the code and rename the file to api_certificate.pem.txt. Also update the settings in the payment gateway (with the right certificate name) and fix the code as described in the bug tracker:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1736[/url]

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1744[/url]

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Open the /payments/certificates/paypal_cert.txt file, replace the code and rename the file to api_certificate.pem.txt. Also update the settings in the payment gateway (with the right certificate name) and fix the code as described in the bug tracker:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1736[/url]

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1744[/url][/QUOTE]

Indy,

Thank you but this is getting more and more complicated… smiling.

If 2.13 will fix this maybe I should wait. Any idea when 2.13 will be out?

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Open the /payments/certificates/paypal_cert.txt file, replace the code and rename the file to api_certificate.pem.txt. Also update the settings in the payment gateway (with the right certificate name) and fix the code as described in the bug tracker:

[URL]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1736[/URL]

[URL]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1744[/URL][/quote]

I am trying to set PayPal Express up and I have the admin settings done with a certificate.

Should I have both the key and certificate in the cert file?

I can find the payments folder and Paypal express file.

All is well it works

Thank you.