Dutch translation V3

I am currently trying the functions in CS cart and it works great but I want to use it for an dutch shop and the current translations are far from finished.

Can I download the complete translations or do I have to write them myself?

I currently use a demo of CS CART 3.0.4 PROFESSIONAL.

Thanks in advance!

Hello henk,

Thank you for your message.

We are planning to update the Dutch translation in one of the next CS-Cart versions. Unfortunately, the updated translation is not ready yet. If you need the full Dutch tranlslation right now, you can translate the necessary texts manually. The instructions of our Knowledge base article may be helpful for you:

http://kb.cs-cart.co…ranslate-cscart

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Dutch and German translations are both terrible. We had to change just about everything.

Hallo Pavel,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there an date for the next release? Because I am not looking forward in translating +/-4100 words.

Hello all,

Thank you for your messages.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1357818227' post='152580']

Dutch and German translations are both terrible. We had to change just about everything.

[/quote]

As regards the German language, we have not updated it for a long time. So if you or some other client wish to assist us in translating of untranslated parts and provide ready German translation of them in exchange for 1-2 CS-Cart Professional Edition licenses, please contact us via Customer Help Desk or with using our contact form so that we could discuss details.

[quote name='henk' timestamp='1357831738' post='152592']

Hallo Pavel,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there an date for the next release? Because I am not looking forward in translating +/-4100 words.

[/quote]

We are planning to release the next CS-Cart version this month. However the updated Dutch translation will not be included into it as long as it is not ready yet. So, unfortunately, I cannot tell you in which CS-Cart version it will appear.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Hi All,

The Dutch translations csv can be found here: [url=“http://www.cscart-templates-addons.com/cs-cart-other/cs-cart-3-other/cs-cart-3-dutch-language-variables.html”]http://www.cscart-templates-addons.com/cs-cart-other/cs-cart-3-other/cs-cart-3-dutch-language-variables.html[/url]

It was a lot of translation work for us, but it was worth it!

Now we are working on the complete translation for CS-Cart 4.

Will let you know when it's finished.

€ 99 for the translation? Well, so far for community thinking, what a joke!

This should be offered for free, within the product itself.

If anybody is interested, I'm willing to translate the whole stuff in Dutch in exchange for a full license, so you can use my translation in the Free edition of CS Cart.

Hello irix,

[quote name='irix' timestamp='1385550017' post='172467']

If anybody is interested, I'm willing to translate the whole stuff in Dutch in exchange for a full license, so you can use my translation in the Free edition of CS Cart.

[/quote]

CS-Cart team is interested in your offer. Translate all CS-Cart language variables into Dutch starting from this page - Translations (use your CS-Cart Forum login and password to log in) - and if the quality of your translation is evaluated as 'professional' (Dutch native speakers will estimate it), we will immediately provide you with a CS-Cart license worth USD 385.

Thank you.

[quote name='irix' timestamp='1385550017' post='172467']

€ 99 for the translation? Well, so far for community thinking, what a joke!

This should be offered for free, within the product itself.

[/quote]

Since it's not included in the product, and Mashmedia put a lot of effort in their translation, why wouldn't they ask money for it?

We can't have everything for free in this world… people on this forum seem to be mostly worried about how to save some $$ instead of making them. Better focus on growing your business and earning money there, then to focus on saving some 10's and 20's here.

[quote name='Lantan' timestamp='1385660540' post='172576']

Hello irix,

CS-Cart team is interested in your offer. Translate all CS-Cart language variables into Dutch starting from this page - http://translate.cs-…s/cs-cart/4.0.4 (use your CS-Cart Forum login and password to log in) - and if the quality of your translation is evaluated as 'professional' (Dutch native speakers will estimate it), we will immediately provide you with a CS-Cart license worth USD 385.

Thank you.

[/quote]

I think the 4.1.1 version would be better to start with now?

Also: is there a way to download all (in mo or po-format) and upload it when it's ready? So I don't have to use the web-editor for every single line. Thanks.

Now there's someone else translating too, but making mistakes and making the words not consistent. When multiple people work on a translation (especially people who don't know how to spell or use grammar in their own language) you'll get a sloppy translation.

If there is a way to translate everything and send the whole translation in one go, I would prefer to do it that way.

I'm currently redoing the whole translation off-line (using poedit). I suppose I can send you the po or mo-file when I'm finished?

The lines that were translated are so poor I have to retranslate about all of them.

Hi irix,

[quote name='irix' timestamp='1389967718' post='175382'] I think the 4.1.1 version would be better to start with now? [/quote]

I would recommend you to start translting the version with “Developement” red label.

[quote name='irix' timestamp='1389967718' post='175382'] Also: is there a way to download all (in mo or po-format) and upload it when it's ready? So I don't have to use the web-editor for every single line. Thanks. [/quote]

Yes, anyone can download the .po file from translate.cs-cart.com. See the “Export” link at the left bottom corner while you are in the translating page.

Only validators can import(upload) translation to translate.cs-cart.com

In order to become a validator you should contact us at sales@cs-cart.com

[quote name='irix' timestamp='1390305487' post='175626'] I'm currently redoing the whole translation off-line (using poedit). I suppose I can send you the po or mo-file when I'm finished? The lines that were translated are so poor I have to retranslate about all of them. [/quote]

Most probably these are old translations.

As I mentioned earlier you will be able to upload your translations.

But you should become a validator of Dutch language in order to do this.

One more thing to notice. We provide the free CS-Cart license not just for a one-time translation, but for maintaining the translation during a whole year. But as we mentioned in our blog, 3 most active translators (not validators) will also get CS-Cart licenses: Translate CS-Cart the Easy Way | eCommerce Blog on Running an Online Marketplace

Main reason to start translating is because I want to use the product as soon as I’m finished. But with all that work done I’d like to share it too, if that comes with a full version it would be a nice crown on my work, but as said, main reason is to have it in my own shop.

I can’t open my shop until it’s translated in the correct way, so I’ll to that first, then send you the whole po-file.

I think translating all 3800+ lines will make me one of the most active translators, don’t you? ;)

Ok, there is some translation (it says 100%) activated now, but it is so bad. All lines are out of context.

I'm still working on my translation, which will contain 100% retranslated entries (so all old lines are replaced) that are all in context, without any spelling errors, space errors etc.

Example translation that is validated (who did this?)

Company storefront is required (the storefront param) Bedrijfs webwinkel is vereist (de storefront parameter)

Like what?