Duplicating a store, version upgrade and different license type.

Hi,

I am trying to copy exactly a US Based store for my client for franchised it to the Australian shore. which I have the admin details to (but not their help desk details). The US version is on the 2.2.5 professional edition. My question is:

1. Since I am still testing, my version is the latest community edition (3.01). Is it true that in order for me to be able to get their database restore to ours, we need to have their version upgraded to 3.01 too? Because I get error messages when I tested restoring our databases with their backup files, I thought it's because of the differences in the versions.

2. Will it be a problem the fact that their version is the professional and ours is the community edition? Will we be able to restore a professional database, to a community edition database?

3. If we purchase a professional license, will we be able to just copy and paste the license in, and the store works (without having to upgrade, import/restore databases etc.)

4. Am I able to download a 2.2.5 community edition installation pack somewhere still?

Thank you very much for your time and help! really appreciate this.

Hello, dits!

Please let me explain, the database structures of different CS-Cart Editions (Community and Professional) as well as of different CS-Cart versions (2.2.5 and 3.0.1) are different, so there is no ability just to restore the database of CS-Cart Professional 2.2.5 in CS-Cart Community 3.0.1.

If you need to have a copy of CS-Cart Professional 2.2.5, you need to purchase a CS-Cart Professional license (version 2.2.5 will be available to you either) and then follow the instructions in this article: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation