Duplicate Descriptions

Is there a way to fix this type of duplicate descriptions…?

Language variation…? cs-cart is adding -en to all the pages…

Buy and customize your Ram 2 Sticker at car stickers decals. You can apply the Ram 2 Sticker to

/ram-2-sticker-en.html

/ram-2-sticker.html

Buy the Life is Simple Eat Sleep Hunt Sticker here at Car Stickers Decals. Customize the Life is

/life-is-simple-eat-sleep-hunt-sticker-en.html

/life-is-simple-eat-sleep-hunt-sticker.html

if you have it set in addons>seo then it will add language to end of desc.

also if you have 2 identical product names / categories the cart automatically adds en to the end of one to distinguish between them, and en-2 and so on.

John

Its not…

Use single URL for all languages: is checked…

Show language in the URL: Not checked…

We have no duplicate products nor category's…

Not sure why its happening. Just noticed it in Google Webmaster tools… as duplicate content…

mobile skin ?

Nope; no other skins… Thought that also…

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1337617405' post='136922']

mobile skin ?

[/quote]

In your example, “eat sleep hunt” are different products but with the same name.

Go to product detail>addons>SEO and do a small name change in any of them:.

for example:

-eat sleep hunt sticker

-eat sleep hunt - sticker

I couldn't find other way, but it works.

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1337610831' post='136915']

if you have 2 identical product names / categories the cart automatically adds en to the end of one to distinguish between them, and en-2 and so on.

John

[/quote]

looks like this is why

I see… My bad… Thanks Guys…

I have lots of similar categories, you just have to find a way to slightly re name them differently.

John

I am also now trying to tidy up in my webmaster tools and have a similar problem, most of them seem to be mobile skin but also a lot of the are disptach? *1" % etc .

In the webmaster tools/url paramaters we have what the googlebot monitors, would I be best to set dispatch and mobile skin so google will only crawl 1 representitive of these urls.

Thanks

John

duplicate.JPG

googlebot.JPG

What about a canonical addon? Wouldn't that fix your problem?

yes to be honest I have cs cart rocks canonical addon installed but dunno if I have to add all these in webmasters manually or even if it will do the trick ?

Well… That is odd I thought that was the whole point of CANONICAL urls.