Dropdown menu displays under Flash components

Hi,

I have this issue when applying a Flash component to the main page. The Flash component is put into the “site layout” under the administration panel, and is working fine except that the dropdown menu goes underneath the Flash component. To check it out see: www.lednordic.no

Is there an easy fix to this issue?

Best regards from Norway!

Try adding the following line of code to the flash file where you inserted it on the page…

Thanks for your reply. Could you show me how to implement that into the code? This is the code that I have put into the admin → site layout → store home page

Last ned Flash Player for å se innholdet.

in your vmenu.css (menu stylesheet)

Set a z-index on your #vmenu ul

for instance mine looks like this:

[QUOTE]#vmenu ul { /* Root items */

padding: 1px;

margin: 12px;

list-style: none;

width: 154px;

z-index: 99;

position: absolute;

}[/QUOTE]

This will insure that the menu will always show up “on top” or above your flash or anything else on the page that doesn’t have a higher z-index.

Also in order to set a z-index you have to set “position” so make sure you add the position: absolute;

Had this problem before and the worked.

I thought it was the z-index, but no matter what I set it to…it would help. Talk about pulling your hair out!

I have allready tried to go for the z-index, but it didn’t work for me. I will try and sort out the . Thanks! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm…I’ve never had an issue using the z-index although I did forget to mention that you’d probably also have to apply a z-index to your flash file…surround it with a div and apply a lower z-index integer.

But if that " " works let us know.

I’ve heard it works but have never tried it, because I’ve also read there were issues with browsers other than IE.

[quote name=‘WebGuy’]Hmmm…I’ve never had an issue using the z-index although I did forget to mention that you’d probably also have to apply a z-index to your flash file…surround it with a div and apply a lower z-index integer.

But if that " " works let us know.

I’ve heard it works but have never tried it, because I’ve also read there were issues with browsers other than IE.[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘38thplanet’]

[COLOR=Red][/COLOR]

[/quote]
see the red part

Thanks All,

I just found this thread after searching for a fix for a similar problem on my site, adding the did the trick! :wink:

[COLOR=Black]I have to add, with Firefox it wasn’t working so I added the wmode after the width/height and seems to work now :slight_smile:

[/COLOR][COLOR=Black]