Downloadable product file size limit?

I’m having trouble getting CS-Cart to accept the files I plan to have in the cart. Is there a file size limit that anyone is aware of?

Also, is the directory where the downloadable products are stored (var/downloads) secure? In other words if someone completes a purchase and notes the download url can they go back to that url later and download again for free? I suspect it is secured since there is a control for how long the product stays available but wanted to verify.

I just tried to upload a small file and it worked. Apparently there is indeed a file size limit, anyone know what it is? I’ve tried both a 24 mb and 5 mb file and it wouldn’t accept either.

The limit is usually in your php.ini, limited to 2M, try changing to this if you have access

post_max_size = 16M
upload_max_filesize = 16M

or you could try adding this to your .htaccess file

php_value post_max_size 16M
php_value upload_max_filesize 16M

I can’t find a php.ini file, could you mean config.php?

Couldnt find the php.ini file and nothing in the config.php and tried the access adding that in there still times out.

What type of host are you running on?

You can create a /public_html/php.ini file yourself. Put it into the root directory on your server with this line of code in it (where “M” means MB and “30” is the maximum number of MB in a csv file to be uploaded). It worked for me.

upload_max_filesize = 30M

File permissions should be 644