Download Product E-mail Not Being Sent!

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me with an issue I’m having. The issue is this: After a customer finishes a full payment for a downloadable product, the e-mail that is supposed to be sent to them containing the download link is not sent! Is this an error or have I just not activated this feature? CS-Cart sends out other e-mails so I know that the e-mailing works. It just doesn’t send out the e-mail with the download link. How do I make it so that the e-mail with the download link is sent after a customer finishes paying for a downloadable product? Thank you.

I am having this problem as well. Is there anyone out there that knows if there is something that needs to be enabled in order to have the download link sent via email?

I am having the same issue. did you manage to solve it?

Products who have 0 price (i.e. free) do receive an email notifications for the download.

If the customers orders a product where he has to pay it happens what you guys mentioned, i.e. no notification email for download…

anyone?

ciao

Luca

The order MUST be COMPLETED prior to the email being sent out.

Hi Jesse,

I am 2.0.10.

I did also test if that was the case. I changed the status to COMPLETED, still no email.

If I place an order against a 0 price item I get the notification email with status PROCESSED.

This looks really strange, but at least I seem to have found a pattern as I have been testing using the same item and just changing the price…

ciao

Luca

Ensure you check order status’s

There maybe an unticked box that says “notify customer” which may cause your issues.

Kind Regards,

J.

[quote name=‘itibook’]Hi Jesse,

I am 2.0.10.

I did also test if that was the case. I changed the status to COMPLETED, still no email.

If I place an order against a 0 price item I get the notification email with status PROCESSED.

This looks really strange, but at least I seem to have found a pattern as I have been testing using the same item and just changing the price…

ciao

Luca[/quote]

Hi Jesse

again, thanks for answering, really appreciated

I did have an unticked box on “notify customer” for the completed part, but that hasn’t changed the issue. Changing the order status to Completed only triggers the “completed order” notification.

The only pattern that I see is that if I pay for the item I get not download notification. If I set the same item to 0 price I get the notification.

Just to be clear the files for the product are set on Activation Mode: Immediately

I even did a test with one item free and one to be paid in the same order. The item paid did not get the download notification while a download notification was sent for the free item.

Not sure what’s the routine that fires up the notification email, but it looks like it’s not being called for whatever reason for those items that are not files that belong to a non-free item…

if anyone has any idea, I’d be more than happy to hear. Again, I am on 2.0.10…

ciao

Luca

You might need to redefine the settings on the administration tab. I do recall there being a specific dropdown which actions each type of order (downloadable or not) depending on status.

Have a search around, might be worth checking the demo store to see if the same issue exists?

Hi,

I have checked but I don’t see anything related to this on the Administration tab.

I have raised a ticket, I will write back once this is sovled.

thanks again for your answers, really appreciated

ciao

Luca

Just a quick update on this issue if you have been following it.

The issue is actually a bug (at least in 2.0.10).

I have been working with CS Support for the past week, but it hasn’t been solved yet, despite many tests. :frowning:

I will keep you posted on the progress, but if you have the same problem, well now you know where it comes from…

ciao

Luca

just to confirm, this was bug and has been fixed.

It should be available from next version (probably 2.0.12)

ciao

Luca

I have the same problem since I upgraded to Cs Cart 2.0.11. Someone has found a solution ? Thanks

sounds like you need to open a ticket for a resolution or wait until 2.0.12.

I am still on 2.0.7 and it’s working fine for me. :slight_smile: I’m glad I didn’t upgrade yet!!