Does the block with best sellers fillers even work?

I created a block on my homepage set the filling to best sellers and then this gets populated as sales happen but schecking the “all time” sales report those shown by the block are not actually my best sellers… so does it have a bug or something?

Thx

[quote name=‘badmaash’]I created a block on my homepage set the filling to best sellers and then this gets populated as sales happen but schecking the “all time” sales report those shown by the block are not actually my best sellers… so does it have a bug or something?

Thx[/QUOTE]

Are they the best sellers since you created the block though?

[quote name=‘BarryH’]Are they the best sellers since you created the block though?[/QUOTE]

I cannot remember when I created the block… but it seems like what you are saying is that the block calculates best sellers from the point it was created?

If yes, isnt this incorrect?

Not 100% certain but I think this is how it works.

I see this is an old post but still seems applicable. I somehow manually added 3 best sellers when I set up my cart (I can't remember how I did it now) and they have been stuck there for ever. The list does not update itself and clearly is wrong. I'd like to know how to modify this box or more importantly, get it working properly.