Does CS Cart have this feature within the cart?

I have several items that fall under the following circumstances. I sell a radio plate that goes under factory installed car radios. For the end user each car uses a different part number, but from my vendor I order the same part number for several different car models. Is there a way to set up a product that shows the part number the customer would order to the customer, but in the admin area when the order shows up it would also have the part number I would order?

Hope I made some sense.

You could just enter the same product a couple of times, with their own description.

Then give them the same product code.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

One should avoid duplicating product codes. Remember that imports are keyed ONLY by the product code. So if you have it overloaded, you will overwrite products.

Put a different part number in the name field,and search words filed, do it by csv takes minutes.

John

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]One should avoid duplicating product codes. Remember that imports are keyed ONLY by the product code. So if you have it overloaded, you will overwrite products.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I don’t use duplicate product codes so didn’t know that. Thanks.