Does cs-cart have any issues for MAc users?

I just had an email from a MAC user saying that the website would not let them place an order

I am emailing them back to see what exactly the problem is but are there any known issues for this?

Thanks

B

Just got a response from my customer, they said that they could not place an order using their MAC but did it with a PC

Does that mean cs-cart is not MAC compatible…?

I cannot test this because I do not own a MAC

Thanks

B

Hi,

Did you find out why they could not place an order. Where was the problem?

Bob

[quote name=‘pbannette’]Hi,

Did you find out why they could not place an order. Where was the problem?

Bob[/QUOTE]

They did not reply in detail, but from what I can see is that they can add products to cart and then after that could not checkout as they were not able to create an account so it must be at the stage when they see their cart contents they cannot go past that point

Thanks Badmaash,

I have cresecure and have some customers who were were unable to fill in credit card information. At least one used a MAC, not sure of browser. I found while investigating that Safari did not work and posted a bug report. Just wondering if your customer was using Safari with the MAC.

Bob

[quote name=‘pbannette’]Thanks Badmaash,

I have cresecure and have some customers who were were unable to fill in credit card information. At least one used a MAC, not sure of browser. I found while investigating that Safari did not work and posted a bug report. Just wondering if your customer was using Safari with the MAC.

Bob[/QUOTE]

I would love to ask them more questions but they are just happy to be able to order the goods so I dont want to piss them off…

If someone has a MAC, can they do some testing please as this may well effect everyone??

Thanks

BTW - I also noticed that cs-cart does not work in ie6

Just a follow-up to my problem related to Safari. I post it here, because I assume many with MAC computers may also use Safari and this may impact. CreSecure support stated:

[QUOTE]This is a cart coding issue from your cart in how they pass the images and css. The latest version of Safari needs the images and url’s and css passed from your cart using full paths.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this would impact anyone not using cresecure, but thought I would post just in case it would.

Bob

[quote name=‘badmaash’]Just got a response from my customer, they said that they could not place an order using their MAC but did it with a PC

Does that mean cs-cart is not MAC compatible…?

I cannot test this because I do not own a MAC

Thanks

B[/quote]

Macs work fine with CS cart with PayPal Express and Innovative Gateway

Have always used a mac, never a problem testing my cart in ff or safari.

I just downloaded Safari for PC Vista 7 and it works…

Not sure if it was just a glitched with the cs-cart engine or something, but from the logs I know that they tried many times and then were successful when they used IE

Also I definetly know that cs-cart dows not work in IE6

[quote name=‘badmaash’]

Also I definetly know that cs-cart dows not work in IE6[/QUOTE]

My CS Cart store works fine in IE 6.

[quote name=‘adodric’]My CS Cart store works fine in IE 6.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, I continue to test for IE 6 compatability with each upgrade we make. Hopefully in another 6-12 months we can all forget about that trainwreck of a browser, time will tell. :rolleyes:

PS: How you been Adodric, haven’t heard much from you lately, must be busy which is hopefully a good thing! :wink:

Moka kindly tested my site on A MAC and said everything works fine…

…but I saw that with IE6 the layout was messed up and some button did not work, then when upgraded to ie9 everything work fine… this is on the lingerie theme

Is these a site that has all the browsers where you can see you website how it look in different browsers for testing purposes?

Thanks

B

I just replicated ie6 browser issues using [url]http://ipinfo.info/netrenderer/[/url]

In IE6 both of my 2.1.1 sites appear messed up…

I just tested my 2.0.15 site and that appears fine in ie6 which has a different theme

This means that these are theme issues…

I better get cs-cart to fix them

I develop and test on a Mac using Safari and CS-Cart works flawless for me.

[quote name=‘Struck’]

PS: How you been Adodric, haven’t heard much from you lately, must be busy which is hopefully a good thing! ;)[/QUOTE]

I’m good. Just working on a completely custom cart for a business of mine. Starting from the ground up so it’s keeping me very busy. After that I’ll probably see about upgrading my CS Cart business to the newest version and perhaps actually using hooks for my many core-code altering mods.

[QUOTE]I’m good. Just working on a completely custom cart for a business of mine. Starting from the ground up so it’s keeping me very busy. After that I’ll probably see about upgrading my CS Cart business to the newest version and perhaps actually using hooks for my many core-code altering mods.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear Adodric (This recession is like “Enough Already”, although still beats the un-employment line I would imagine)! :wink:

But yes, alot of very useful improvements have been added since 2.0.15 when you find the time to transfer all your code tweaks over. :eek:

Okay so I indeed discovered a major bug since updating to 2.1.4 using Safari for Mac. When I try to add products to the cart, it appears to be added until you go to view your cart… then the items disappear. :confused:

I tested out FireFox and it worked fine.

I hope this gets fixed soon. A lot of people use Safari on the iPad now.

Add to cart and then seeing the item in the cart works fine on the iPad as I just tested it. Don’t have a Mac handy to test it though.