Does canceling/deleting order update inventory?

Before I used other shopping cart (Shop-Script), in that cart if order is canceled inventory is updated back as before order. I tried to do the same in CS-Cart (1.3.5) but it does not work. Probably there is a setting somewhere deep that can provide it. Please, advise.

Thank you

It surely does. As a matter of fact, you have control how it updates the inventory. Take a test drive online at cs-cart.com (online demo).

Take a look at Admin->Order Statuses. You will see that a status of “I” (Cancelled) increases the inventory. You can also define your own statuses and specify how they effect inventory.

I am not sure if deleting an order adjusts inventory; it may simply delete the record in the database without any additional logic to update inventory. You would need to test this to confirm. If it is the case that inventory is not updated, you would need to change the status to something like cancelled prior to deleting the order.

Bob

1.3.4 SP3 - deleting the order does not increase the inventory.

You need to cancel it and then delete it if you want rid.

Thank you for your replies. I did make some tests before asking the question and had not positive results. Then I tried again to play with those order statuses, created some new ones with decreasing and increasing of inventory but could not create/find anything that could trigger inventory back after order deleting/cancelation, I have to ask about it at cart support desk.

While playing with order statuses I saw an option “Pay again”. What does it do or is supposed to do? As a matter of fact sometimes when order is “Open” - that is made but is not paid yet I write to a customer a note about it and I offer to finish payment but there is no information (a kind of link) to start payment. It happens with 2Checkout. So a customer place order but does not know what happened if he/she did not entirely complete payment - neither a customer nor an administrator receive an automatic notification about “Open” orders - at least in my case.

I sell goods which often exist in one copy, so when a customer made order but did not make payment yet he/she can not just enter into account and to checkout - the shopping cart “cries” that the ordered item is out of stock! I do not know how to struggle with it.

How do I create a status that does not reflect the inventory level. Neither “increase” nor “decrease”

[quote name=‘grabbags’]How do I create a status that does not reflect the inventory level. Neither “increase” nor “decrease”[/QUOTE]

Disable inventory tracking.

But I have to define it when I create a new status?!

It would be useful to be able to change the status but not the stock level.

[quote name=‘Page’]It would be useful to be able to change the status but not the stock level.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. Often times, we’ll have a customer decline multiple times after trying to purchase a shopping cart full of various t-shirts in different sizes and colors… removing them from inventory.

I would like a status of packaged ready for dispatch - no email to the customer but good for internal use.

Then this would be changed to dispatched once the carrier has it and this would always send an email to the customer.

I’ve had strange instances where the inventory has actually INCREASED beyond what I actually had… ie. starting out with 60 and ending up with 61. Can’t figure out how that happened. I am not very confident with the inventory management of cs cart. Declined cards shouldn’t send out a low inventory notice, open orders should not decrease. It’s rather a mess, really. I’ve taken to downloading all my orders to quickbooks and control inventory management from there. It’s kind of difficult though to maintain out of both areas though.

[quote name=‘Page’]I would like a status of packaged ready for dispatch - no email to the customer but good for internal use.

Then this would be changed to dispatched once the carrier has it and this would always send an email to the customer.[/QUOTE]

You can create such a status easily in Admin->Order statuses and make sure that the “Notify customer” option is unchecked. The problem is that there is no option to have a status not effect inventory - your options are limited to increase or decrease inventory for any order status.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]You can create such a status easily in Admin->Order statuses and make sure that the “Notify customer” option is unchecked. The problem is that there is no option to have a status not effect inventory - your options are limited to increase or decrease inventory for any order status.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Exactly which is just bizarre.