Does anyone know a way to do this?

So I found on one on my suppliers site this picture selector idea I would like to incorperate into my site.

I contacted the supplier and they were more than happy to supply me with the images but I guess I will need to come up with how to actually to this to my site.

The website is for brake line kits for motorcycles or pretty much anything I guess.

They have many different color choices for lines and the banjo fittings.

Basically, on there site you can click on the color of brake line and then click the color of banjo fitting to see exactly what it looks like.

Id like to incorporate this into my site but not sure exactly how I would do this?

The first image on the left side of the page you will see “Brake line color selector”

Once clicked on, it looks like the second image.

The 2nd image shows exactly what id like to do.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Use Option Combinations. The Inventory checkbox will need to be checked on at least one of the option groups. Create 2 product options - Colour of Brake Line and Colour of Banjo Fitting. Assign the relevant colours to each option as variants.

EG.

Colour of Brake Line

• Red
  • Blue
  • Green

Colour of Banjo Fitting

• Orange
  • Purple
  • Yellow

Option combination:-

Red Line & Orange Banjo - assign relevant image to this option combination.

Red Line & Purple Banjo - assign relevant image to this option combination.

Red Line & Yellow Banjo - assign relevant image to this option combination.

And so on and so forth.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1376772567' post='166969'] Use Option Combinations. The Inventory checkbox will need to be checked on at least one of the option groups. Create 2 product options - Colour of Brake Line and Colour of Banjo Fitting. Assign the relevant colours to each option as variants. EG. Colour of Brake Line - Red - Blue - Green Colour of Banjo Fitting - Orange - Purple - Yellow Option combination:- Red Line & Orange Banjo - assign relevant image to this option combination. Red Line & Purple Banjo - assign relevant image to this option combination. Red Line & Yellow Banjo - assign relevant image to this option combination. And so on and so forth. [/quote]

That was something I was thinking about but can I put that in a category?

[quote name='harpersmoto' timestamp='1376939665' post='167058']

That was something I was thinking about but can I put that in a category?

[/quote]

What do you mean, can you put it in a category? You want the customer to be able to select the colour options on the products on the category pages and see the image change too? Yes, it can be done…but would require quite a few template code changes.