Does anybody know how to enable 'remember me' by default?

The main place this would be useful would be for the customers on CS Cart sites, of course. But it would also be great if the talented CS Cart code monkeys would enable it in these here user forums to avoid seemingly random log outs and lost posts.

The reasons this no doubt simple change would be fantastic for sales conversions and customer retention are as follows:

1. It would dramatically slash the number of customers who have to go through the less than ideally designed and rather unreliable ‘forgot password’ process. I’ve found that often (and have replicated this myself), it simply doesn’t work for whatever reason, and sends you in an endlessly frustrating loop.

2. Due to the fact that the CS Cart cookie closes the session, logs the user out and deletes cart data when customers close a tab/window, either intentionally or not.

3. To save customers the time and trouble of having to make the effort to type their email address and password into yet another website.

I imagine it would be simple to change ‘remember me’ to ‘yes’ by default, and would have a measurably positive effect on sales and customer satisfaction for everyone who uses CS Cart, not just my company.

[quote]

2. Due to the fact that the CS Cart cookie closes the session, logs the user out and deletes cart data when customers close a tab/window, either intentionally or not.

[/quote]

Not sure where you get this information from. It’s certainly not a fact. Cookies are sent by the browser to the site when a site requests cookies. A cookie certainly does not close anything. In fact, a cookie has to be expressly deleted by having it’s “llifetime” expire before it will go away.

When a browser session is closed and a new one started, a new session id is create/used. If the user is ‘registered’ then their prior cart will be restored automatically. If it is just a tab that’s closed then the session id (a function of the browser, not the tab) is still valid and a non-registered user’s cart is also restored since it is stored in the $_SESSION variable.

The remember me type of functionallity is usually provided by the browser. I.e. it’s the browser (user’s PC) that saves/restores username/password thereby improving security and reliability. Prefernece for most browsers is to remember user/pass when visiting a site. Disabling this is usually a user-directed activity.