do you feel that performance of 2.0.7 get down?

Currently I’m testing 2.0.7 and 2.0.6 on the same server as separate installs.

The performance of 2.0.7 is much worse than 2.0.6.

AletrSite service confirms this as well.

Pages became a bit fatter, more java code to download and execute on the client side. More database operations. TTFB (First Byte) is higher.

Visually, 2.0.6 pages appear in the browser completed (sya complex), but pages of 2.0.7 apper without some pictures downloading them later.

Yours experience is the same? Thanks.

I feel 30% more faster and it’s true that the script is optimized! Very nice improvement!

not for me. that’s strange. I really thought that they improved readinf announce but it looks strange :confused:

btw. I just spent time analysing changes made from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7/ I dony take in a count new module “hot deals”, new skins, I looked through all of them and didn’t find and hint on structural changes.

or you mean changes in config.php, I mean ammedment:

// The number of seconds after which the execution of query is considered to be long

define(‘LONG_QUERY_TIME’, 3);

:)))

yes, i’m sure it will increeas execution ^))

Take a look at [url]http://blog.cs-cart.com/category/inside/[/url]

That’s what i’m talking about. The performance just in search of the product! nothing more.

Investigating bottle necks of the cart we found out :

on each request the cart collects all tpl’s and other files (up to 100) from disk to organize them in the memory then and execute! That’s the most expensive operation, collect all files from disk, glue them and compile! If we compare it with database which is caching all indices and rows in memory without disk reading, improvement of couple operations for searching products is nothing with overall performance of every request.

We could measure cost of database requests to time of execution scripts and time of reading these scripts from disk. Our db server (separate from web with php) spent just 1% of overall time (almost not loading cpu) for 2.0.6 and 2.0.7. The rest of requests are IO operations and full load of cpu by php translating all code.

I understand “sales” politics of CS showing pseudo improvements hiding real problems. Clients like good words, especially if they are far from it technologies.

Yes, cs-cart is a perfect product for its price and functionality. I just don’t want that cs-cart really would kill itself.

Have you looked how much resources takes to download and execute the page in the browser on the client side? Have compared with other solutions? I did. It very heavy. I don’t speak here that client’s pc with 4 cores and 8 gb memory will hang on execution )))

I find the site to run a little slow the first time. But Cs-cart caches the pages. All other times someone returns to a page already cached it loads quite fast. I think if you (as the store developer) visit all your pages and create the cache it will load quite fast for your customers.

The cache is at var\compiled\customer

David

[quote name=‘Triplets’]I find the site to run a little slow the first time. But Cs-cart caches the pages. All other times someone returns to a page already cached it loads quite fast. I think if you (as the store developer) visit all your pages and create the cache it will load quite fast for your customers.

The cache is at var\compiled\customer

David[/QUOTE]

my SEO optimizer visited more than 5k pages in all languages and currencies not once. so, cache and compiles are full of stuff.

the purpose of caching in cs-cart is to collect all lang depended variables for the page and next time instead of reading them from database read from file. that’s it.

compilation of tpl’s it’s compiling of all non dynamic tpl’s (like pages tops, bottoms, etc) from smarty to php. so these tpl’s are precompiled for pure php usage. other pages that requested dynamic data are recompiled on the fly (from smarty to php)…

I just tested eAccelerator. Yes, it gives some performance but not sensible for serious attention to use it for cs-cart. eAccelerator is more useful for pure CMS’s…

[quote name=‘deMarchi’]my SEO optimizer visited more than 5k pages in all languages and currencies not once. so, cache and compiles are full of stuff.

the purpose of caching in …[/quote]

So any suggestions that cs-cart can improve the cart performance drastically?

[quote name=‘deMarchi’]Currently I’m testing 2.0.7 and 2.0.6 on the same server as separate installs.

Pages became a bit fatter, more java code to download and execute on the client side. More database operations. TTFB (First Byte) is higher.

Visually, 2.0.6 pages appear in the browser completed (sya complex), but pages of 2.0.7 apper without some pictures downloading them later.

Yours experience is the same? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I do experience the same slow down from the upgrade. Any Idea…

After upgrading from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7, my time to load a page increase from ~800 milisoconds to over 5,000 miliseconds. Please see this chart from Google webmaster.

http://www.landsat.com/temp/seconds.jpg

Notice the drop on Sept. 4th. I though I found the problem in my error log. I had uninstalled the Addons “affiliate” & “giftregistry”. I re-installed them and disabled the Addons. This caused my time to drop back to normal. That only lasted for a few days before it started to climb back to the 5000 milisecond range. I am not sure if there is something else going on.

I am currently reverting back to 2.0.6

[quote name=‘deMarchi’]Currently I’m testing 2.0.7 and 2.0.6 on the same server as separate installs.

Yours experience is the same? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Could you show me these charts?

Actually,no html/javascript changes were made to improve the performance… The database structure was optimized only.

[quote name=‘zeke’]Could you show me these charts?

Actually,no html/javascript changes were made to improve the performance… The database structure was optimized only.[/QUOTE]

I feel that saving product after editing in admin panel takes longer time.

Update

Increased memory size in config file from 48 to 1024 now everything works faster…

heh, for these two weeks we already dropped 2.0.6 and fully moved to 2.0.7 and try to optimise it. first of all, having our own web+db servers we optimised them. what we reached? in final, we came to the peroformance of 2.0.6. but have two whole known ideas to download pictures faster, but have no time to realise it ^)

but first of all we think how to decrease first 5 response seconds ^)

robots hate to wait this time

7271f9e7551b4c29.jpg

[quote name=‘deMarchi’]heh, for these two weeks we already dropped 2.0.6 and fully moved to 2.0.7 and try to optimise it. first of all, having our own web+db servers we optimised them. what we reached? in final, we came to the peroformance of 2.0.6. but have two whole known ideas to download pictures faster, but have no time to realise it ^)

but first of all we think how to decrease first 5 response seconds ^)

robots hate to wait this time[/QUOTE]

What kind of statistics is this? How can I get this

catch…

I have one site running 2.0.6 and it is fast.

I also have a site running 2.0.7 and I constantly get messages in the top of the browser window saying “Loading…please wait.” Sometimes it is a long wait.

It’s a bit annoying.

[quote name=‘kingsleypress’]I have one site running 2.0.6 and it is fast.

I also have a site running 2.0.7 and I constantly get messages in the top of the browser window saying “Loading…please wait.” Sometimes it is a long wait.

It’s a bit annoying.[/QUOTE]

Yes this loading please wait…haaaaaa to much time

[quote name=‘kobiadato’]Yes this loading please wait…haaaaaa to much time[/QUOTE]

Version prior to 2.0.7 doesn’t have this loading tip.

instead of fixing loading time, they add tips ^)

when the client just open a session it takes lots of time for cs-cart to prepare this session (collect all data). on the following requests “loading” becames useless, if you have normal connection and the server.

than more you have turned on add-ons then more time cs-cart spent on opening the session.