do i have to purchase cs cart for each domain i own?

So i have my main domain, and the previous guy who worked on this messed it all up. Im been talking to a guy on hostmonster.com(where my domain is at) and he said to fix this i can purchase another new domain, rebuild my website in it and transfer my new domain into the old domain. I have cs cart on my main domain, do i have to purchase a 2nd license for the new domain too? has anyone ever done this before?

[quote name=‘harpersmoto’]So i have my main domain, and the previous guy who worked on this messed it all up. Im been talking to a guy on hostmonster.com(where my domain is at) and he said to fix this i can purchase another new domain, rebuild my website in it and transfer my new domain into the old domain. I have cs cart on my main domain, do i have to purchase a 2nd license for the new domain too? has anyone ever done this before?[/QUOTE]

Whomever you are talking to doesn’t know what they are talking about. Just create a subdomain within your current domain and set up a fresh install there.

Edit: If you are not allowed to create a subdomain you need a new host.

oh ok and cs cart will work for both? ya the guy i was talking to didnt make much since

[quote name=‘harpersmoto’]oh ok and cs cart will work for both? ya the guy i was talking to didnt make much since[/QUOTE]

I think thats called UP-SELLING :smiley: , you don’t need a new domain and I would say it’s that’s the level of support you are getting you need to move hosts.

As the man said you only need to create a new directory and install the new site there. Thats a complete new site with fresh database.

Thats the best way to deal with it as then you know you have cleared out any errors that other bloke made. You can then export you products from the old site and import them to the new site. I suggest you do that after you have decided and finished any design work you want to do.

You don’t even need a license to develop… only when the site is displayed to the public is a license required.