Dividing the Top Menu subcategory into two columns.

Hello, I was looking around the forum but unfortunately I couldn't find an solution to this problem.

I have one main category in the top menu called Apple, below this if you hover on the top menu you will see iPhone 2G til 4S iPod Touch 2G Till 4G etc. Those 12 categories are shown as one big list. Also these categories do have a third level category but I was already able to disable this in the block manager. (Refer to Untitled.png)

What I want to do is dividing all those category's into two or X columns refer to 'Untitled2.png'.

I already tried a lot but couldn't get it to work. I think this is also an small bug or an forgotten coding because, it's strange that when you open the category 'Apple' the category's are dived into two columns. Refer to Untitled3.png

Thanks for reading and I hope someone comes with an solution to this problem. I will also post this in the bug tracker, because when opening 'Apple category' it's perfectly divided into two columns. In contrast with the top menu.

Regards,

Michiel

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

untitled3.png

Hi i am looking for the same exact thing.

Did you manage to find a solution?

[size=4]Dear Mug,[/size]

[size=4]I have found a solution! However it will cost 180 USD to create such modification to CS-Cart. I asked dvsgr[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] to make such addon and he could do it for that price. However I can't afford 180 USD so m[/font][/color][/size]aybe we could raise some money with more people that have the same problem? What would you like to offer for this modification?

This video represents a working demo on my localhost: - YouTube

If anyone's intrested in this modification, send me a private message.

[quote name='drahos.istvan' timestamp='1351709460' post='148100']

This video represents a working demo on my localhost: [media]- YouTube

If anyone's intrested in this modification, send me a private message.

[/quote]

hello drahos>is this achieved staticly through html&css–or dynamically through the admin panel? i.e. is there an option for how many subacategories to show per column or how many the vertical list will have?i noticed on your exaple that the two last ones (video games & office) the dropdown overflows the content, can this be fixed?

@telefoongarage

hi, i think 180 USD is way too much for such a mod