Display Transaction Id On Order Complete / Thank You Page

Hi,

How can I display the transaction / order id on the thank you page that is shown after completing an order.

Example - your order id is #abc123xyz

May be your buyer purchased the item, they should receive the invoice and on that invoice you can write your own custom message. To display message go to Admin → Orders → Order Statuses → and check edit the “Processed”, there you can write your own thank you message on “E-mail header” field.

[quote name='miracles' timestamp='1309150906' post='115774']

May be your buyer purchased the item, they should receive the invoice and on that invoice you can write your own custom message. To display message go to Admin → Orders → Order Statuses → and check edit the “Processed”, there you can write your own thank you message on “E-mail header” field.

[/quote]

I was actually after a way to show the transaction id on the order landing page for only one of the payment processors.

Is it possible?

Can anyone please help?

What good would it do anyone? That TxID is only valid for you (the merchant) when you login to your payment provider.

It can be done, but the payment data related to an order is not really symbolic. You will need to use the payment_id of the processor and extract the info from the order data.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1309218960' post='115832']

What good would it do anyone? That TxID is only valid for you (the merchant) when you login to your payment provider.

It can be done, but the payment data related to an order is not really symbolic. You will need to use the payment_id of the processor and extract the info from the order data.

[/quote]

Oops sorrry, I meant to say 'Order id', sorry for the confusion…

I want to display something like this on my direct bank deposit thank you page (after order is complete)

'Please your your order id '007' as a reference when paying.

Use the hook “checkout:order_confirmation” to put whatever display you want at the top of the “order complete” page.

See: skins//customer/views/orders/complete.tpl for where this would display.

Then add the file:

skins//customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/checkout/order_confirmation.post.tpl

With the content you want to display. Make sure you validate that {$order_info} is in fact set before you try to capture the order_id and display it.

you mean we must retrieve the $order_info from previous page? and set the order id then display it?

No, if the order is in fact complete, then $order_info will be defined and $order_info.order_id will contain the order_id of the completed order.

Thanks for the reply…

Isnt there a smart tag or way i can just echo it in admin/payment methods / direct deposit / payment instructions text box ??

Sorry, you've lost me. You wanted to display the order_id on the order complete page and now you're talking about direct deposit payments? At this point, I have no idea of what you're really trying to accomplish.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1309327322' post='115926']

Sorry, you've lost me. You wanted to display the order_id on the order complete page and now you're talking about direct deposit payments? At this point, I have no idea of what you're really trying to accomplish.

[/quote]

tbrinseth

thanks for the order info order id. thats good.

Sorry for the confusion…

I have created a payment type 'direct deposit' - I want to display the order id with a bit of other text after they have completed the order only for this payment type. I assumed this could be done using 'dmin/payment methods / direct deposit / payment instructions text box'

It's html text so no template variables are supported to my knowledge.